Community_discussions_small  

Question

Question 4 kiwi's - take cell phone or other options?

13 May 2008 bec asked

Default_avatar
hey peeps

I know this topic has probably been done, but I get confused with ppl from other countries answering with their options, and wanted to check out whats best/most cost effective for kiwis Smiler

so who is taking a cell phone, and what network is best to roam with?
or are you going to use a calling card?

i am so lost with what to do,any suggestions or thoughts?

much appreciated! Big Grin
  • 13 May 2008 helena said

Default_avatar

Hey bec, its pretty hard as everyone will tell you different stories.

im with vodafone and take my mobile but switch it to roaming by just ringing vodafone and doing it over the fone.

hasnt been that expensive in the past to make/receive calls.

telecom roaming sux so ive heard.

i just use my mobile as normal havnt used calling cards but i dont ring home much anywhere

sorry wasnt much help

• 13 May 2008 Stacey said

Default_avatar

I took my prepaid vodafone and would never do it again- just txting was expensive. If your going to london pick up a sim card there and put it in your phone- you can pick one up with 10 pounds credit for 10 pounds in most places.

• 13 May 2008 Vashnie said

Vashnie

Hi guys. I also need some help on this topic.

If i buy a pre-paid sim card in London will i be able to use it in the rest of Europe and will i be able to buy credits in Europe for the network i purchased in London

• 14 May 2008 Stacey said

Default_avatar

i was able to use my london sim card wherever i went but i would top it up before you leave london – depends on what you going to use it for though, txting was costing me 20p back to nz when i was in the u.k and i think it was between 30-50p when roaming, but im not sure about buying credit when your not in the u.k since its a different currency.. unless you use a credit card

• 14 May 2008 Vashnie said

Vashnie

Thanks Stacey Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.