Community_discussions_small  

Question

cash passport?

12 Jan 2011 Brooke2010 asked

Brooke2010
hi everyone.. just a question about travelex cards, i will be getting one after my birthday to put all my bday money in there. but i was just wandering if i can add money after i put the first lot of money into the travelex card? is there fees?
(im from Australia and my tour is in europe 28 May 2011 Smiler )
  • 12 Jan 2011 JarrodAUS86 said

JarrodAUS86

Just got mine….. and yes you can reload by BPAY.

• 13 Jan 2011 Bowlerbec said

Default_avatar

Hey Brooke, there probably is fees if you reload… its normally 1% of the AUstralian amount you put on it. Be careful if your loading during your trip though because the funds normally take a few days to be credited to the cash passport… sometimes up to 5 days!

• 13 Jan 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hi Brooke, if you have booked and checked in you can click on perks and there is a link there to travelex which allows you to use it and not pay the 1% commission as you are a contiki customer. Not sure if that is on going or just for the first amount.

• 9 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, Is it better to get an ATM version or a DEBIT? Really it’s all the same right? You can just use debit for online purchases too? Also, Im doing a 3 week Euro tour with just over a week in total to spend in London before and after. Whats everyone’s advice for spending money – Euro’s Vs Pounds?
    Thanks in advance!

• 9 Feb 2011 Earl Squirrelson said

Earl Squirrelson

Hi Jodes,

I am gonna get a Visa debit one in case i need to book anything. sometimes you need to book things and need a credit card, your travelex can be cheaper than using your aussie or other credit cards as you pay currency conversion fees.

You can get more than one currency too, so just get one for pounds and one for euros,

hope this helps.

• 11 Feb 2011 Jodes105 said

Default_avatar

Thanks heaps, Jase!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion