Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Grand Explorer Starting Chrischurch July 4th - July 19th 2009

13 Feb 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar
Hi, Im Vanessa, I'm doing the Grand Explorer in reverse starting Christchurch 4nd July - 5th May, with a friend I met on my previous Contiki tour, can't wait!!! just wondering who else out there is doing this tour?

Cheers Ness Smiler
  • 14 Feb 2009 Dare said

Dare

Hey everyone! I’m Daria from Chicago and Ness’s friend! We cannot wait to start the Grand Explorer in early July. We are also doing the Ocean to Outback tour in OZ starting June 18th and ending July 2nd. Looking forward to meeting some of you on here.

• 14 Feb 2009 lex154 said

lex154

Hey guys
    I’m Lexy, I’m doing this tour too!! Super Excited! I’m doing it as part of a huge holiday straight after my uni graduation so the thought of it is keeping me going with all the work i’ve got atm!!
    I’m going on my own & I’m literally going round the world but the NZ tour is my biggest bit, can’t wait!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 14 Feb 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar

Hi Lexy,
    Thats soo exciting, you are graduating too… I am just about to finish my nursing degree, just 10 weeks to go LOL…. What are you graduating as? Im also doing a huge trip straight after, Im booked for LA Explorer and Wild Western in May, Ocean to outback in June and NZ Grand Explorer with Dare in July…
    Im totally psyc’d!!! Can’t wait!!!

Anyway keep in touch, Dare and I are both in facebook and are part of the contiki group… Grand Explorer July come join us there if you like…

Cheers Ness Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Feb 2009 lex154 said

lex154

I’m doing a BA in management & marketing – its more interesting than it sounds i promise! My dissertations all about shopping online Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    I’m off to Singapore, the NZ for the tour, then i’m off to Fiji, LA & then New York. I’ve not got anything planned for any of it except NZ yet so its going to be a really adventure!
    I’ll definately look you guys up on Facebook – anyone else you know going??

• 15 Feb 2009 Dare said

Dare

Congrats on finishing your degree Lexi! Your celebrating trip sounds amazing. A bit more about me. I’m a high school Psychology teacher and boys and girls volleyball coach. So, I’ll be on my summer break when I do this trip. I know it is winter out there but June/July is the only time I can take a big trip like this. I will be traveling with a friend of mine from school, Rachel. Shes not on this community yet but Im going to get her to join to say hi. Shes a counselor at my high school – great girl. Hopefully other people will see this post and come say hi! 121 days and counting Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

• 15 Feb 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar

Hi Lexy,

Thats awesome BA Management and Marketing, you are right, definatly not a boring degree because there are sooo many things you can do with it, the possibilities are endless… Congratulations on finishing,… I can’t wait for that feeling of relief when my degree is all over, so Im guessing you are the same!!!, just think only a few weeks to go… woohoo… Anyway your trip sounds amazing! You must be very excited… I know Dare and I are LOL

Well chat soon
    Ness Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 28 Feb 2009 Travelling Nomad said

Default_avatar

Hi All!!

My name is Dan from Sydney and I am ready to rock this tour silly! WOOHOO! Can’t wait to see the sights and enjoy the beauty and tranquility of NZ!

My email is hotaccountant79@hotmail.com if anyone wants to chat before the tour!

Once again its gonna be gggrrreaaatt!

Dan

• 12 Mar 2009 BelleHolliday said

BelleHolliday

Hey All,
    My name is Belle and I am doing the Grand Adventurer from July 6th to 19th. I am PRETTY SURE we are on the same tour… you just come and pick us up after going to the Bay of Islands. Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to chat before the tour. I did that on my last tour and it was heaps of fun to finally meet up. I am on facebook if you wanna add me as a friend. Search me on: Belle Holliday.

Otherwise I can chat to you by email: Belinda.Holliday@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au

Cannot WAIT! I am so totally pumped!! YAY!!
    Belle

• 13 Mar 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar

Hi all,

Great to see such an awesome response to my post. feel free to add me on facebook before the tour if you like it would be great to chat. Not long now and we will be partying hard in New Zealand!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=666621523&ref=profile

Hope to chat soon

• 13 Mar 2009 Dare said

Dare

Hi Belle
    Welcome to our little group. I’m on facebook too. Search for:

Daria Schaffeld

Im getting so excited for the trip and would also love to get to know others beforehand. I think we are going to have an amazing time. Ive had such a great Contiki experience in my last 3 trips Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Have a great weekend everyone.
    Daria

• 13 Mar 2009 lex154 said

lex154

I’m on Facebook too (Alex Marston) – much better than MSN, hardly ever use it anymore!!!
    Haha just checked FB, theres a billion Alex Marston’s!! I’m the one on the Heriot Watt & Edinburgh networks. I’ll try & add you guys Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Mar 2009 Diana0505 said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

So excited! Second Contiki but first time to NZ. Traveling solo so would really love to chat to everyone before hand. Email me: diana0505@hotmail.com or look me up on facebook. Looking forward to meeting you all!!!

Di xo

• 22 Mar 2009 Tim said

Tim

Hey everyone!
    Me and my best mate are tagging along for a bit of this trip (we’re on the Scenic Southern starting July 4th in Christchurch) and we’re with you for 8 days or so i think.. and then off to snowboard for a week!! Can’t wait!! Add me on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=570890247&ref=profile

Tim

• 28 Mar 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar

Hi All,

Just letting you know Daria has created a Facebook group dedicated to this tour. So feel free to join the group and get to know everyone prior to the trip.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61189969348&ref=mf

Cheers Ness Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 2 Apr 2009 Frances said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys

I’m doing this tour too, can’t wait, did Oz tour in September and it was great fun.

Would be great to chat before tour so I’ll try and find the facebook group.

Glad to know there’s loads of people booked on the tour already!

Fran

• 3 Apr 2009 Nessbo said

Default_avatar

Hi Frances,

The Facebook group is http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb&nctrct=1238747963….php?gid=61189969348

So feel free to jump on the page to add us through the group.

Chat Soon

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.