Any body have feedback on this trip?

25 Sep 2007 JLundy asked

I plan on going to Egypt in November and wonder if anyone has any feedback on the trip?
  • 28 Sep 2007 cdm115 said

It was the best of the 4 Contiki tours I’ve taken. I think it was the tour mates…

Do you have any specific questions?

Feel free to check out my travelogue:

• 16 Oct 2007 San_Miguel76 said

Any nightlife in Egypt?

Was in Greece and did the Greek Island /hoping with a bunch of crazy Auzies… it was awesome.

• 1 Oct 2008 Explorer1113488 said

I am 18 years of age. I am thinking of doing the Egypt and the Nile tour. Any one know if there would be too much of an age gap between 18 and the range age?

• 1 Oct 2008 Explorer1113488 said

Cheers for your advice Ed. Looks like I will go through with Egypt and the Nile contiki tour on the 15th of November.

• 1 Oct 2008 Alex said

Originally posted by Ed G:
    Definitely go! I did the March 9-18 tour this year, and it was the best two weeks of my life!

If you decide, I recommend arriving a day or two before to get adjusted to the culture shock and get over the jetlag. I went to the pyramids the day before, and was glad I did because we didn’t spend nearly enough time there that I would have wanted with the tour. Plus the day before the tour it was all clear skies with gave me some amazing shots — the next day there was a dust storm.

Also, bring some liquor with you and store it in your luggage, it’ll come in handy.

Hey Ed,

Thanks for that info. I’m planning on doing the same, getting into Cairo the night before then heading the pyramids first thing in the morning. Just a quick question—did you go to the pyramids on your own or with a sightseeing company? If so, would you recommend it? How far is the hotel from the pyramids?

• 2 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

Praha had posted here and in an attempt to reply to it I accidentally deleted it, my apologies.

Praha’s post recommended being careful about scams with taxi’s and the guys selling stuff there – set a price before going in a taxi, be prepared to negotiate. Praha also recommended taking a camel ride at the pyramids.

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.