Community_discussions_small  

Question

Any body have feedback on this trip?

25 Sep 2007 JLundy asked

Default_avatar
I plan on going to Egypt in November and wonder if anyone has any feedback on the trip?
  • 28 Sep 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

It was the best of the 4 Contiki tours I’ve taken. I think it was the tour mates…

Do you have any specific questions?

Feel free to check out my travelogue:

http://www.giraffegirl.net/egyptandthenile.htm

• 16 Oct 2007 San_Miguel76 said

Default_avatar

Any nightlife in Egypt?

Was in Greece and did the Greek Island /hoping with a bunch of crazy Auzies… it was awesome.

• 1 Oct 2008 Explorer1113488 said

Default_avatar

Hi,

I am 18 years of age. I am thinking of doing the Egypt and the Nile tour. Any one know if there would be too much of an age gap between 18 and the range age?

Cheers

• 1 Oct 2008 Explorer1113488 said

Default_avatar

Cheers for your advice Ed. Looks like I will go through with Egypt and the Nile contiki tour on the 15th of November.

• 1 Oct 2008 Alex said

Alex
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ed G:
    Definitely go! I did the March 9-18 tour this year, and it was the best two weeks of my life!

If you decide, I recommend arriving a day or two before to get adjusted to the culture shock and get over the jetlag. I went to the pyramids the day before, and was glad I did because we didn’t spend nearly enough time there that I would have wanted with the tour. Plus the day before the tour it was all clear skies with gave me some amazing shots — the next day there was a dust storm.

Also, bring some liquor with you and store it in your luggage, it’ll come in handy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/edg126/EgyptFull

Hey Ed,

Thanks for that info. I’m planning on doing the same, getting into Cairo the night before then heading the pyramids first thing in the morning. Just a quick question—did you go to the pyramids on your own or with a sightseeing company? If so, would you recommend it? How far is the hotel from the pyramids?

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 Oct 2008 cdm115 said

cdm115

Praha had posted here and in an attempt to reply to it I accidentally deleted it, my apologies.

Praha’s post recommended being careful about scams with taxi’s and the guys selling stuff there – set a price before going in a taxi, be prepared to negotiate. Praha also recommended taking a camel ride at the pyramids.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion