Community_discussions_small  

Comment

London

15 Jan 2010 Burgo17 said

Default_avatar
Hi all,

I will be spending around 2-3 days in London pre/post my Europe tour. I know there are other topics on what to do in London which I have read, just thought I'd see if anybody else has more ideas. So far I'm interested in the following:
Big Ben
Buckingham Palace
London Eye
London Bus
Westminster Abbey
Emirates Stadium
Portobello Road Markets
Thames River Cruise - Narrowboat tour
St James Park/Trafalgar Square
London Bridge
Tower of London

In this amount of time, is it worthwhile going to some places outside of London (i.e. Bath/Stoneage).

Thanks for any help.
  • 15 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

Default_avatar

Hey Burgo17,
    Im heading to London soon to, and i am staying at the Generator Hostel which do free tours everyday at 10am to most/or all the places you have mentioned.
    I also have been onto the website viator.com and they have tours on there that take u out to Bath, Stonehedge and that and u can book online AUS money and they are pretty cheap too… for a tour anyways…
    Hope this helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    What tour are you goin on?
    Have fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Jan 2010 Crinners said

Default_avatar

Hi Burgo…

I live in London and that sounds like a pretty definitive sight-seeing list to me.

In 2-3 days I would def not go see Bath / Stoneage… Neither is particularly thrilling and London has sooo much to do!

Although that list is good – some of my fave places are:

Brick Lane
    Camden Town (the market is crazy on Sundays but a bit too much, I would suggest going on a week-day if possible)
    Hampstead Heath
    Covent Garden
    South Bank (the Tate Modern)

Enjoy!

• 19 Jan 2010 Danki said

Danki

Thanks guys, I’m heading to London in June and your posts have helped heaps – I like viator.com, that was very helpful thanks WestOzChick.

• 19 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

Default_avatar

No probs Danki…
    I see ur from Broome, bet its hotter then Carnarvon atm haha. Its horrible this weather haha… Will get a shock in London’s cold Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Jan 2010 Danki said

Danki

Haha it’s stinkin hot – pissed down last night tho! When are you going to London?

• 20 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

Default_avatar

yeh we had some awesome rain on Sat night, was hell weird coz it was hot then raining then windy…

im heading london 5th March, wat about urself??

• 21 Jan 2010 Danki said

Danki

I’m going in June after my contiki to Greece, then a wedding in Italy. Can’t wait!

• 26 Jan 2010 movie@girl.mp3 said

Default_avatar

If you are interested in art at all the National Gallery is great and free. The Queen’s Gallery is expensive but I really like it.
    If you do want to get away for a day check out Megabus.
    I’m going to Manchester on a mini-break in May and am using them and return fare is only about 7 pounds. I actually got return fare to Bath (which you can do in one day, unlike Manchester) for just 2 pounds.
    Hampton Court Palace is one of my favorite places, too. It’s only about thirty minutes outside London if that.

• 14 Feb 2010 likeaflower said

likeaflower

A Jack the Ripper tour

• 15 Feb 2010 WestOzChick said

Default_avatar

Yeh im doin a Jack the Ripper tour… cant wait haha…

• 17 Feb 2010 Kathy said

Default_avatar

Try the London Pass, it may save you heaps!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion