15 Jan 2010 Burgo17 said

Hi all,<BR><BR>I will be spending around 2-3 days in London pre/post my Europe tour. I know there are other topics on what to do in London which I have read, just thought I'd see if anybody else has more ideas. So far I'm interested in the following:<BR>Big Ben<BR>Buckingham Palace<BR>London Eye<BR>London Bus<BR>Westminster Abbey<BR>Emirates Stadium<BR>Portobello Road Markets<BR>Thames River Cruise - Narrowboat tour<BR>St James Park/Trafalgar Square<BR>London Bridge<BR>Tower of London<BR><BR>In this amount of time, is it worthwhile going to some places outside of London (i.e. Bath/Stoneage).<BR><BR>Thanks for any help.
  • 15 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

Hey Burgo17,
    Im heading to London soon to, and i am staying at the Generator Hostel which do free tours everyday at 10am to most/or all the places you have mentioned.
    I also have been onto the website and they have tours on there that take u out to Bath, Stonehedge and that and u can book online AUS money and they are pretty cheap too… for a tour anyways…
    Hope this helps Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    What tour are you goin on?
    Have fun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 18 Jan 2010 Crinners said

Hi Burgo…

I live in London and that sounds like a pretty definitive sight-seeing list to me.

In 2-3 days I would def not go see Bath / Stoneage… Neither is particularly thrilling and London has sooo much to do!

Although that list is good – some of my fave places are:

Brick Lane
    Camden Town (the market is crazy on Sundays but a bit too much, I would suggest going on a week-day if possible)
    Hampstead Heath
    Covent Garden
    South Bank (the Tate Modern)

• 19 Jan 2010 Danki said

Thanks guys, I’m heading to London in June and your posts have helped heaps – I like, that was very helpful thanks WestOzChick.

• 19 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

No probs Danki…
    I see ur from Broome, bet its hotter then Carnarvon atm haha. Its horrible this weather haha… Will get a shock in London’s cold Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Jan 2010 Danki said

Haha it’s stinkin hot – pissed down last night tho! When are you going to London?

• 20 Jan 2010 WestOzChick said

yeh we had some awesome rain on Sat night, was hell weird coz it was hot then raining then windy…

im heading london 5th March, wat about urself??

• 21 Jan 2010 Danki said

I’m going in June after my contiki to Greece, then a wedding in Italy. Can’t wait!

• 26 Jan 2010 movie@girl.mp3 said

If you are interested in art at all the National Gallery is great and free. The Queen’s Gallery is expensive but I really like it.
    If you do want to get away for a day check out Megabus.
    I’m going to Manchester on a mini-break in May and am using them and return fare is only about 7 pounds. I actually got return fare to Bath (which you can do in one day, unlike Manchester) for just 2 pounds.
    Hampton Court Palace is one of my favorite places, too. It’s only about thirty minutes outside London if that.

• 14 Feb 2010 likeaflower said

A Jack the Ripper tour

• 15 Feb 2010 WestOzChick said

Yeh im doin a Jack the Ripper tour… cant wait haha…

• 17 Feb 2010 Kathy said

Try the London Pass, it may save you heaps!

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.