Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contrasts: May 20 '08

13 Jan 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar
Hey, Just wondering if anyone has booked for this tour. Hoping to meet some people before we go, I'm travelling by myself!!! Elicia
  • 30 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey Elicia! My friend and I are doing this trip..We are paying our deposit this week and then it will be 100%!! Really excited! Where are you from?
    Jess

• 30 Jan 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hey Jess,finally someone else is going on the same trip! I’m from Melbourne, Aus.. Where are you from?
    I’m arriving in London on the 17th May staying at the hotel that we leave from, then after the trip i stay in london for another 3 nights.
    so excited!!

Are you on Facebook at all??

• 30 Jan 2008 said

Default_avatar

Hey!
    Yea we need to find more people who are going on our trip! I’m from Toronto,Canada. I’ve never been to Australia, but I am thinking of doing a semester abroad there. I’m leaving Toronto on May 18th, and going home the June 17th. I was thinking of staying a few extra days in London with family, but never got around to planning it.
    yea add me on facebook- Jessica Gyll

• 29 Feb 2008 GC said

Default_avatar

hey, i think i’m booking this trip on monday. im another canadian, from PEI! 21 year old girl doing this on my own!! exciteddd

• 2 Mar 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

HI GC, I’m also doing the trip by myself! Can’t wait. Are you on Facebook? if so, add me Elicia de Jersey

I will be arriving into london on the afternoon of the 17th.

• 5 Mar 2008 mims715 said

Default_avatar

I just confirmed with my travel agent today!! I’m SOOOOOOO excited and cannot wait until May!! I’m a 21 year old from Mississippi, USA. I’m on facebook, too, so feel free to add… Mimsie Ladner. I would love to get to know some of yall before the trip because I will be traveling alone. Can’t wait!

• 11 Mar 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Fingers crossed I’ll be joining you lovely ladies on May 20th!! So nervous i don’t get on board..but hopefully! paying my deposit today…
    I’m Kate, I’m 23 years old and from South Africa Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Mar 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Yay! I’m IN and no longer just a number… yay!
    Ps i’m living in London at the mo, so if you need any London advice – then i’m the person to ask Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 11 Mar 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kate, Glad to see you on board! do you use facebook? If you do, just look for Elicia de Jersey. We also have a group for the tour on fb also!!!

• 13 Mar 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Ok question, how much money are you guys planning on taking with you per day, like how many Euro per day? i dont know how to guesstimate how much i’ll need!

• 13 Mar 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kate, I’m planning on having 1,000 euro per week. i’ve been told if your not much of a shopper (i say i’m not now!) that it should be plenty! I’m just trying to work out if it’s best to take some cash and then credit card. I just sent off all my paperwork for my passport. can’t believe it’s so close! i booked this last year and hard to believe it’s only 2 months away. i’m actually arriving in london on the 17th, so will have to catch up prior and show me around! :-)

• 14 Mar 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Gee whizz well im definately not gonna have that amount!! hoping to get by on a lot less! not planning on shopping at all, weighs too much to bring back home to SA. ah well losta pizza slices for me! are you a big drinker? xxx

• 20 Mar 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Ps- yup we can def meet up before hand. Have you received much information from contiki yet? i believe we have a short meeting the night before we leave.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 25 Mar 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hi Katie, sorry for the late reply! yes i’m generally a big drinker! although at the moment i have a kidney infection so i’m on a ban of alcohol at the moment. not impressed! no haven’t received anything from contiki yet, apparently they send it out a couple of weeks before the tour. I can’t believe how quick it’s all happening!

• 28 Mar 2008 Flowers said

Default_avatar

Hey All!

I am on this trip as well. I first thought I was on the trip before this one but nope…I am on the May 20th trip too!! Yay!

I’ll be 25 when the trip starts. Looks like I’m the oldest…ugh! I’m from Alabama. Mimsie, we are both from the South!!

I hope we can all meet up before the meeting on the 19th night.

Can’t wait!
    Bec

• 30 Mar 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hi Bec,
    Glad to see another person on board! i’m actually 28 so i think i could possibly be the oldest!! Oh well :-)

Are you on Facebook? I started a group European Contrasts May 20 (think that’s the correct way) anyway, join if you can!

Elicia

• 31 Mar 2008 mims715 said

Default_avatar

woo hoo… glad to have another southern girl on board!! i cannot believe that this trip is only a short 6 and a half weeks away!! counting down the days…

• 17 Apr 2008 Katiegirl said

Katiegirl

Hi Bec and welcome!! Will eb awesome to meet up teh night before and go for a drink to say hi!
    Think we have to meet for a predeparture meeting the night before at 7pm..so before or after that?

• 17 Apr 2008 mims715 said

Default_avatar

Has anyone gotten their itenerary/ vouchers from Contiki yet?? ONE MONTH AND COUNTING!! Woo hoo!

• 17 Apr 2008 Explorer1085965 said

Default_avatar

Hi, no i am still waiting too!!! getting stressed, i’m just trying to work out how i can pay for my boyfriends trip by this MONDAY!!!!! we’re stressing out hard! :-)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion