Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Meeting at Airport

21 Jul 2007 Moemab said

Default_avatar
ConfusedHi Contiki Travlers!

I'm traveling with a friend on the Great Britian and Southern Ireland tour, and we both land at the same time in London on different flights. She's coming for South Carolina and I'm coming from Florida.

My question is..I would like to know if there is a good meeting place that I could meet her at Heathrow Airport( I know its a large airport) and take the tube to the hotel when we arrive. Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
Moemab
  • 22 Jul 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Firstly, there are a lot of variables in what time you are able to get out of the airport with your bags.

Will the flights arrive on time?
    How long will you have to wait for ground service? (One time Heathrow did not have a gate ready for the plane when we landed)
    How long will the customs lineups be?
    Will you get through customs easily or be sent to the “anal probe” room?
    How long will it take for them to unload your bags?

Let’s say that you two do get in at about the same time. After you get your bags, your options are to meet in the busy concourse at street level or down at the underground subway entrance area. I personally would meet at the bottom of the elevator around the subway entrance because it’s a “well-defined area” that can’t be mistaken for anything else.

But still, loitering in an airport could be seen as suspicious. I would honestly pick a hotel lobby or some other place to meet your friend.

• 22 Jul 2007 bellyk said

bellyk

You can go to the heathrow website (i found it through google). Search on their page, there is a part for visitors and hwat to do when you get there. They have a special meeting place in each terminal with this fnny looking sign – hard to explain, so oyur probably better off looking it up for yourself, its really well explained on the site

• 22 Jul 2007 real_mccoy said

Default_avatar

Thats the symbol for the meeting point

• 22 Jul 2007 Cherie said

Default_avatar

lol kelly and i have the trouble of meeting at this sign!!!!! lol have to hope that i can!!!!!

• 23 Jul 2007 Cherie said

Default_avatar

Lol thanks we’ve now changed our plans and gone for the underground entrance!!!! lol

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion