Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Start Madrid (winter) 9th January 2010

12 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar
Gday

Was just wondering if anyone was taking this tour. I'm heading off on my own and thought it would be good to chat to some people that are coming along on this tour.

Cheers

Adam
  • 13 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Hi Karen

Yer i have booked the tour already, are you looking at booking it or have you bokked on it aswell???

Cheers

Adam

• 13 Aug 2009 Karen said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,
    I booked, but for December. It’s too bad because I’m travelling alone as well and so far haven’t heard of anyone on that trip. I hope you have a great time!

Karen

• 24 Aug 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

Im also doing this tour by myself…..Im from western Sydney my name is nikki

• 27 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Hay Nikki, how are you.

Its good to finally talk to someone else going on this tour. I’m also from western sydney, out Penrith way. Where abouts are you from in western sydney.

Cheers Adam

• 27 Aug 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

im from wetherill park.
    Are you just doing the one tour? When do you fly over?

• 27 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Hi Nikki

I’m actually flying out on Christmas day to Bangkok for 4 days and then going on a tour in Vietnam with some friends from home (Vietnam highlights with contiki) that finishes on the 8th and then I fly straight to Madrid for the start of our tour.

After our tour I’m training it to Munich for a night, then flying to Berlin and doing the Berlin to Budapest tour. After that I’m heading to Amsterdam, Paris and then to London on my own.

I was originally just going to do the Vietnam tour and then backpack around Europe for a month, but no one else could afford to come to Europe so I decided to do a couple more tours. All up I’m travelling for about 8 weeks.

How abou yourself are you heading else where or doin any other tours???

Cheers Adam

• 27 Aug 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

I fly out on boxing day to London and stay there for 6 days then me and friend are doing a tour around London & Paris then im training it to Madrid im doing the tour by myslef. After our tour im goin to Dubai to meet up with my friend again then we home.

Have you done contiki before?

• 28 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

hey Nikki

Your trip sounds made.

I went on a european tour a couple of years ago with contiki (winter Wanderer). It went to a few of the place this one goes to, but the time in each place was to short, it was still an awsome trip. This tour seems to have more time at each city.

Which city/country are you looking forward to going to the most. i’m looking forward to Florence and Madrid.

Cheers Adam

• 29 Aug 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

Im looking forward to Monaco and Florence. Ive been to Italy before but spent my time visiting family and only got to see Rome.

Ive always travelled overseas when it’s summer there never winter which im excited about.

• 30 Aug 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Hay Nikki

Europe in winter is heaps good, a lot less people to contend with from what I’ve heard. There weren’t to many people around when I was there a couple of years ago. And the possability of a snowy Christmas.

Cheers.

• 31 Aug 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

I heard places arent as packed which is good in a way. i hope it’s snowing.

I wonder how many more people are doing the same tour.

• 4 Sep 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Gday Nikki hows things.

Hopefully there will be a little snow not to much though. A couple of years ago i was on my way to Jordan from Egypt and there was so much snow in Jordan that we were delayed over 24 hours not happy when i only had 4 days in the country, but it was an experience to see snow in the middle of the desert.

From what the website says the tour is a deffinate departure so we should have a good size group.

Just curious as to how old you are, I’m 26 (27 by the time of the tour) I’ll probably be one of the older ones on the tour.

cheers.

Adam

• 6 Sep 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Adam,

Things are good just wish it was time to go already. How u been?

Ive never been delayed for that long the longest ive have been delayed for was 4 hours and i thought that was long enough.

im the same age ill be 27 in April. Ill give you my e mail address. nikki_speranza@hotmail.com

Nikki

• 15 Sep 2009 knights988 said

Default_avatar

Gday Nikki.

I’m doin good, 100 days today till i fly out to Bangkok. Time actually seems to be going pretty fast at the moment and we’ll be in Madrid.

Here is my email addres knights98@optusnet.com.au

Cheers

Adam

• 5 Nov 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Is anyone else doing this tour?

• 8 Nov 2009 Cath said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I’ll be on this tour! Have a friend coming too, although she isn’t booked yet.
    Not long now though Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Cath

• 8 Nov 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

Hi Cath,

I know it’s getting closer i cant wait. Where are coming from?

Nikki

• 9 Nov 2009 Becs said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, I have just booked this trip, also going solo.
    Only 2 months to go…!

Becky

• 10 Nov 2009 Explorer1148857 said

Default_avatar

When is everyone esle arriving to madrid?
    im coming from paris and will get there in the morning of the 9th.

• 12 Nov 2009 Becs said

Default_avatar

I actually haven’t booked flights yet, but from the ones I have looked at, I will probably be flying in from London at about midday on the 9th.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion