Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Ski Austria 22 December 2010

6 Jun 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar
Hi All

Anyone doing ski Austria from 22 December? How long are you going, one week or two? I'm doing two weeks. Also catching the coach from London on 21 December.

Cheers
  • 25 Aug 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

hey yeah im doing it i just booked it this week… im only going for 1 week because then im doing new years in paris… i to am catching the bus from london Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 4 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hey Foxy 666

Awesome, I was suggesting on the thread that those of us who are catching the bus from London should meet up for drinks at the put attached to the Royal National Hotel. The pub is frequented by Contiki staff and trevelers.

I’ve suggested this on the thread that is entitled “New Years”. I am going to create a facebook group closer to the time so that we can organise the night.

New Years in Paris sounds like a great idea!

Only just over 3 months to go. How exciting.

• 6 Sep 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

hi eurotraveler

yeah that sounds loik an awesome idea! i land in london on the 19th of december and im staying at the royal national hotel 19/20th before we leave so i think it would be great to meet everyone before hand….. yeah new years in paris will be wonderful…..

i know its so close now…. only 14 and a half weeks

are you doing any other trips?

Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

fox

• 7 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hi Fox

I fly into London on 19 December too. Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I’m not staying at the Royal National. I’m staying about 5 – 10mins walk away. I know the way to the Royal National though, that is a well walked path.

I’m not doing any other tours this time. Last year (July/Aug) I was over in Europe/UK for two months so I’ve done the European Inspiration tour with Contiki and I did a tour of the UK with Topdeck. My favourite company is definately Contiki, though. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Drinks at the London Pub on the night of 20 Dec, will be great.

There is a Facebook group for new years. I know you aren’t in Hopfgarten for new years but it might be worth joining…

What country are you from? I am from Australia.

Cheers
    Euro Traveler

• 7 Sep 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

euro traveler

oh ok so we caould all meet at the basement and then go to the pub from there or something? and considering you seem to know your way around london is definately a good thing…..

oh no other trips? your going all that way from oz and only doing one…. although i guess if you’ve done it all before then you dont need to do it again….

yeah sure ill join the group i mean ill atleast be there for half of the tour…

i to am from australia…. where abouts are you from?

fox

• 8 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hey Foxy

Yeah, meeting at the basement sounds like a good idea.

My trip is 3.5 weeks in total. Spending some time in Munich before going across to London. Also got a couple of nights after Ski Austria that I haven’t worked out yet.

The reason for my trip this time is that I was given a flight centre voucher by work (long story, which I can tell you in Dec). It only covers a small portion of the cost….

I probably could have gone somewhere new with the voucher but what can I say, I love Europe. Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

What are you doing in addition to Ski Austria?

I’m from Brisbane. You?

Cheers
    ET Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 9 Sep 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

good morning et

sweet i cant wait….. though im nervous because i havent snowboarded in about 4 years lol oh well it will be fun getting back into it if nothing else……oh your trip is about the same length as mine…. i was thinking of doing munich and ireland but i didnt have the time to add them on…

that was nice of your work although it would have been nicer if they payed the whole thing lol and yes you will have to tell me in dec….

ok so after austria i spend 1 more night in london then im doing new years in paris contiki for 4 days then i have rented an apartment in london for a week so i can explore on my own and then im doing england/scotland contiki 9 days….. and then home back to oz

wow so your just going to wing it after austria? your brave lol

oh and im a sydney girl

fox

• 19 Sep 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi, thinking about booking this tour, I’ve not snowboarded in years but its like riding a bike right? Does anyone know what the score about life passes is?

• 25 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hey Jill,

I think we can purchase the lift passes when we book the tour. Not 100% sure, though.

Cheers

• 25 Sep 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by foxy666:
    good morning et

sweet i cant wait….. though im nervous because i havent snowboarded in about 4 years lol oh well it will be fun getting back into it if nothing else……oh your trip is about the same length as mine…. i was thinking of doing munich and ireland but i didnt have the time to add them on…

that was nice of your work although it would have been nicer if they payed the whole thing lol and yes you will have to tell me in dec….

ok so after austria i spend 1 more night in london then im doing new years in paris contiki for 4 days then i have rented an apartment in london for a week so i can explore on my own and then im doing england/scotland contiki 9 days….. and then home back to oz

wow so your just going to wing it after austria? your brave lol

oh and im a sydney girl

fox

Hey Fox

Yeah, I really need to decide what I will be doing after the tour.

Your plans sound great! All with Contiki, which is also awesome. I did the UK with Contiki’s competitor. Contiki is my favourite, though.

I’m a Brisbane girl, been here my whole life.

Have your joined the FB group called Ski Austria new years? I know your not around for Ski Austria new years but you might get to meet others.

Cheers

ET

• 7 Oct 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Okay, I’m booked! Will see you all for drinks on the 20th!

• 7 Oct 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

hey et

yeah i joined but its not showing up??? i dont know lol….

its getting so close now i cant wait….

do you know yet what your doing after you tour?

hey jill how long did you choose? 1 or 2 weeks?

fox

• 13 Oct 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Can only do 1 week, as I have to be back at work on 3rd January Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    You travelling from London?

• 13 Oct 2010 foxy666 said

Default_avatar

oh really? thats no good…. yeah im getting the coach from london im staying at the royal national the night before.

so is that your only trip then?

• 14 Oct 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Yes for the moment, but I’m from the UK so it’s not far to travel!

• 17 Oct 2010 RPaul said

Default_avatar

Hey guys,

I’m also doing the ski austria tour and thinking of hanging back in hopfgarten or kirchberg for new years (a friend of mine recommended a bar in kirchberg called boomerang run by a bunch of aussies). I’m from tassie by the way.

• 2 Nov 2010 Explorer1052247 said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys,

I am also doing 21 Dec for one week in Hopfgarten. It ll be my 5th time in there and it s totally awesome. Any questions, feel free to ask me. Facebook group is also good idea, who s doing it?

John Umut

• 3 Nov 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi John

That’s great, I’ve just made my final payment so I’m very excited!

Not sure who is doing the facebook group but I think the name is Ski Austria New Year.

• 6 Nov 2010 EuroTraveler said

Default_avatar

Hi All

Here is the link for Contiki Ski – New Years.

http://www.facebook.com/home.p…?gid=156157384396675

Hey John, 5th time doink Ski Hopfgarten? That is absolutely AWESOME. You too would know the London Pub, at the Royal National. I have some great memories from that place.

On the facebook group there is a discussion thread for drinks at The London Pub for the night of the 20th. Really exchited, going to be great!

Cheers
    Adele

PS Has anyone paid the additional money to have more included meals? I was thinking of doing this but didn’t want to sign up to it if most people weren’t going to do it.

John, maybe you can provide some insight on this one?

• 7 Nov 2010 Jelly_Bean said

Default_avatar

Hi Adele!

Yes John I’d be interested to know if that is worth doing to, going to book my lift pass and lessons soon so I could do that at the same time.

Can’t wait to meet you all!

Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> x

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.