Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Stop Over after Vietnam Highlights Trip

12 Apr 2010 Min26 said

Default_avatar
Hi All,

Just looking for suggestions. Planning to do Vietnam highlight trip in Jan 2011. Would like to spend a few days somewhere else on the way back to Australia. Already have had a stopover in Singapore after returning from European Contiki. Any suggestions would be great. Just want a few ideas to throw at my travel agent when I go in.

Cheers
  • 12 Apr 2010 Min26 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the detailed reply Praha335ci was tossing up between Malysia and also Phuket! Been looking at Phuket today it is cheap and also beautiful plus they offer a lot of adventure activities Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

As the Vietnam highlights trip concludes in Hanoi was thinking I could fly to Phuket from there.

Oh the decisions Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Apr 2010 VanUK said

VanUK

How do you think about Laos and Cambodia. Angkor Wat is worth to visit.

• 30 Jun 2010 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

I enjoyed both Penang and Phuket. Hong Kong is also an option as it isnt that far north of Hanoi and some on my tour had a direct flight from hanoi

• 30 Jun 2010 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

Yes I stayed at Batu Ferringhi. We went up Penang Hill and looked around while there, also the Batu Ferringhi night markets and a spa place where the fish nibble at your feet something different. Also looked around georgetown a bit as the hotel taxi driver took us on a bit of a highlights tour and found out a bit of the local history, etc. We also went on a day tour to an island i think its about halfway between penang island and langkawi, it was a full day snorkelling with lunch included but it was well worth the cost the fish were beautiful (much better than what we saw at phi phi in thailand)

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.