Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Stop Over after Vietnam Highlights Trip

12 Apr 2010 Min26 said

Default_avatar
Hi All,

Just looking for suggestions. Planning to do Vietnam highlight trip in Jan 2011. Would like to spend a few days somewhere else on the way back to Australia. Already have had a stopover in Singapore after returning from European Contiki. Any suggestions would be great. Just want a few ideas to throw at my travel agent when I go in.

Cheers
  • 12 Apr 2010 Min26 said

Default_avatar

Thanks for the detailed reply Praha335ci was tossing up between Malysia and also Phuket! Been looking at Phuket today it is cheap and also beautiful plus they offer a lot of adventure activities Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

As the Vietnam highlights trip concludes in Hanoi was thinking I could fly to Phuket from there.

Oh the decisions Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Apr 2010 VanUK said

VanUK

How do you think about Laos and Cambodia. Angkor Wat is worth to visit.

• 30 Jun 2010 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

I enjoyed both Penang and Phuket. Hong Kong is also an option as it isnt that far north of Hanoi and some on my tour had a direct flight from hanoi

• 30 Jun 2010 patchie89 said

Default_avatar

Yes I stayed at Batu Ferringhi. We went up Penang Hill and looked around while there, also the Batu Ferringhi night markets and a spa place where the fish nibble at your feet something different. Also looked around georgetown a bit as the hotel taxi driver took us on a bit of a highlights tour and found out a bit of the local history, etc. We also went on a day tour to an island i think its about halfway between penang island and langkawi, it was a full day snorkelling with lunch included but it was well worth the cost the fish were beautiful (much better than what we saw at phi phi in thailand)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion