Community_discussions_small  

Question

What was your favourite Optional Excursion?

17 May 2008 kc83 asked

Default_avatar
Hi everyone!

I'm doing the European Horizon tour in a few weeks and wanted to hear what optional excursions that you have done and would recommend (or not recommend!)

Cheers!
  • 18 May 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

i was on the Euro discovery tour but had the same options & totally agree with Cafa, do both of those options!! they were two of my best nights in Europe!!! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 May 2008 tried&true said

Default_avatar

I’ve heard nothing but bad reviews about the Tuscan dinner as well. It seems the only reason most people choose it is to socialize.

• 19 May 2008 Nickerz said

Nickerz

The dinner is a great night! plenty of food & wine for all! the meal was great, 3 course * delicious & the entertainment was fun everyone sang & danced & laughed!!! its a great way to socialize aswell, i’ll definately do it again! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 May 2008 Enigma said

Default_avatar

It would have to be George’s Boat in Corfu….Fun in the sun with watersports, alcohol, traditional greek food and of course sleazy George….One of the best days ive ever had on holidays….

• 19 May 2008 work2travel said

work2travel

I agree with benji & leppardz about the Tuscan Dinner optional. I also heard the space disco was way lame. But of course I would be open to some more opinions!
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 May 2008 Miss Jane said

Miss Jane

Hey Guys
    I think there are actually two tuscan dinners and they vary depending on what tour you do. My tour was in winter and was up in the hills and I have to agree. It was one of the bets meals on the trip. It was well worth the money. It was 5 courses with plenty of wine and campari to go around. They had singing and dancing. We alll had an awesome night.
    I have heard theres another one thats held in Florence but I can’t comment on what that’s like.

I also loved the Dchnapps Museum. The guy we had to show eveyrone aroudn was hilarious none of us could stop laughing and its the best 5 euro you’ll spend. You get 2 free shots but to be honest they’re not counting. It’c cheap and good fun. I’m deifnitely dojg it again.

I also loved the gondola. How can you go to Venice and not try the gondola. Even if it’s only once. It’s an experience to loom back on…Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 May 2008 Stanga said

Default_avatar

I get conflicting reports from different sources but most say the Tuscan dinner ain’t worth it and the Space Disco is crazy with the tack…
    I’ll be with my wife, so we’ll probably do a few things by ourselves… I’m up for Jungfrau and the Gondola and a few others but we’ve kinda got our own agenda, but I can see why people traveling alone would want to do most of the optionals…
    I haven’t heard much about the Rome Imperial Tour (is that what it’s called?)… anyone got an opinion?

• 22 Jun 2008 Kristen with a K said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Danielle:
    Volendum Restaurant (amsterdam)-thoughts?
    Canal Cruise in Amsterdam
    Wine Tasting in St Goar
    Mt Pilatus
    Lake Lucerne Cruise
    Swiss Fondue Lunch
    Venetian Restaurant
    Tuscan Evening
    Space electronic disco
    Monaco Restaurant
    Tablao de Carmen (barcelona)
    Nouvelle Eve
    I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR SOME REVIEWS OF THESE OPTIONALS TO HELP WITH MY DECISION MAKING! THANKS IN ADVANCE

2.) Canal cruise in Amsterdam: this is a very fun tour and it won’t be dark even though it as night since the sun doesn’t set until almost 10 PM in the summer. Best way to see a majority of Amsterdam.
    3.)Wine Tasting: Fun, cheap, good wine, and the winemaker is so adorable like my grandpa.
    5.) Lucerne cruise: not bad but the weather was pretty crappy when I went. Pretty views though.
    6.)Swiss Fondue lunch: So much fun, especially if you get a good group going. The fondue and dessert are good, main course ok.
    8.)Tuscan evening: If it’s at La Certosa you have to do it. The food is phenomenal, the opera singing is great, and it is overall a great night.
    10)Monaco restaurant: the restaurant we went to was good and nothing can beat the views in Monaco. If you don’t do the dinner you can still take the coach to Monaco and do your own thing.
    12.) Nouvelle Eve: Wasn’t going to do it but ended up doing it since everyone else was and it was pretty fun. The food and wine is good and the show is pretty entertaining. But it is expensive and at the end of the tour it gets harder to scrap up the money.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion