Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Contiki Basement

23 Jul 2007 BuckyRific said

Default_avatar
I've read some blogs and posts where people mentioned the Contiki basement..what exactly is that? Thanks for any information!
  • 23 Jul 2007 kelleymuka said

Default_avatar

The contiki basement is right off of the Royal National Hotel in London. This is where all of the staff is. You will check in there the night before your trip starts.

They also have a lounge area there as well as people who can get you discounted tickets to all of the London hot spots for the night.

• 23 Jul 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

They also have luggage storage for 1 GBP per day, paid internet access, a snack bar, etc.

• 23 Jul 2007 cdm115 said

cdm115

They also have internet service and can book some London Attractions for you (usually with a discount).

• 29 Sep 2007 Becsta said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    Your post above mentions that you check in at the Basement the night before departure.. I dont arrive at the Royal National until close to 8pm.. will there be someone around!?!
    Thanks!

• 29 Sep 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Becsta:
    Hi guys,
    Your post above mentions that you check in at the Basement the night before departure.. I dont arrive at the Royal National until close to 8pm.. will there be someone around!?!
    Thanks!

Yeh I’m not sure why she said you have to go to the basement. Maybe her tour had the pre-departure meeting at the Basement, but that does not apply to all tours. In my case there was absolutely no requirement that anyone go to the Basement, though I did find their services quite useful.

• 29 Oct 2007 kscott said

Default_avatar

hi guys,

I was not able to book a room at the National Hotel for then ight before I leave as it was all booked up, however, am I able to use the facilities in the Basement such as the Internet and contiki guide bookings and am I able to go to the pre-tour meeting still? Or do i need to be booked into the hotel to get access to the basement??

Thanks for your help!

• 29 Oct 2007 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:

I was not able to book a room at the National Hotel for then ight before I leave as it was all booked up, however, am I able to use the facilities in the Basement such as the Internet and contiki guide bookings and am I able to go to the pre-tour meeting still? Or do i need to be booked into the hotel to get access to the basement??

You can use the basement facilities regardless of what hotel you’re booked at.

The entrance to the Basement is on the outside of the hotel so you can enter from the street.

They never even asked me for proof that I was travelling with Contiki or even if I was travelling at all!

• 20 Aug 2011 lea_r said

lea_r

Do you have a list of which London attractions we can book via Contiki basement as well as the price?

• 20 Aug 2011 cdm115 said

cdm115

I don’t have a list, but I know at one time they did the London Eye as well as some bigger attractions. The savings is usually just a pound or two.

• 21 Aug 2011 lea_r said

lea_r

Cool! Thanks! :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion