Community_discussions_small  

Comment

EASTERN ROAD JUNE 25TH - JULY 7TH 2010

3 Feb 2010 mdbackpacker said

mdbackpacker
Hello,

Flying solo for this trip! Drop a line if you have booked the same one. SO EXCITED!!!
  • 5 Feb 2010 DJFitz said

Default_avatar

Yep – Me and three mates have signed ourselves up to this one! Should be a blast!

• 5 Feb 2010 mdbackpacker said

mdbackpacker

THATS SOOOOO COOL! I plan on staying and backpacking around Europe when the tour is over, should be a good time for sure. I am from Canada, where are you from? See ya in a few months I guess.

Cheers! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 5 Feb 2010 Tyler said

Default_avatar

Hey guys, I also have this tour booked and am also travelling solo. I’m from Calgary, Canada…going on my second contiki…

Tyler

• 6 Feb 2010 DJFitz said

Default_avatar

I’m from Canberra, Australia and the others are from Melbourne. I’ve got about a month and a half over there before this one so eyeing off another tour – after Eastern Rd heading to Barcelona and Ibiza Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

Look forward to seeing you guys over there.

• 6 Feb 2010 mdbackpacker said

mdbackpacker

SWEET, sounds good! Tyler, I am from Calgary as well! Crazy hey? Enjoy see you all on the other side of the world.

• 10 Mar 2010 Vanessa_from_oz said

Vanessa_from_oz

Hey, I’m Vanessa from Melbourne and I shall be joining on this tour. I’m very excited and flying solo. I look forward to meeting you all.

• 5 Apr 2010 easternrds625 said

Default_avatar

Hi all! Heading over from the US, and this is my first Contiki, so I’m wondering if we’ll have a lot of free time to explore the cities on our own or if most of the time is spent with the whole group, any thoughts?

• 5 Apr 2010 Paty said

Paty

Hi Guys, I´m glad to have this tour booked. I´m going with my sister, we are from mexico. See you there. why not to create a facebook page?,

• 5 Apr 2010 Tyler said

Default_avatar

Hey guys…glad to see more ppl are coming..

To answer your question easternrds625, if you have a full day in one of the cities, you do usually have free time to explore (I’d say a good 6-7 hours). It’s your choice to travel with fellow travelers or to travel alone. Most nights are with the group; if your eating out, going to a bar or chillin out at the contiki stopovers. Hope that helps,

See everyone soon,
    Tyler

• 7 Apr 2010 Paty said

Paty

Hey Guys,

I have just created a facebook page, you´re welcome to join;

Contiki – Eastern Road June 25th – July 7th 2010

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109499675749045

See you soon.

• 15 Apr 2010 Explorer1177814 said

Default_avatar

My name is Casey.. im booking this trip in the next few days. it will be my second Contiki and im travelling solo aswell! how old is everyone?

• 22 Apr 2010 sarah_j604 said

sarah_j604

Hey everyone,

I’m booked to go on this trip as well Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> My name’s Sarah and I’m from Vancouver, Canada..I’m traveling solo and it’s my 2nd Contiki

• 6 Jun 2010 Explorer1186795 said

Default_avatar

Hi all!

A friend of mine and I are going on this trip as well! We booked this trip specifically to be in Europe during the FIFA World Cup. The soccer environment in the U.S. is just plain nonexistent :P

We hope to catch a few games at the local bars/pubs…anyone else interested?

See you all soon!

• 9 Jun 2010 DTPhoto said

DTPhoto
    quote:
    We hope to catch a few games at the local bars/pubs…

Berlin has a viewing area in Olympic Square, 5 miles from the hotel. Should be a massive party.

• 16 Jun 2010 Explorer1186795 said

Default_avatar

For the veteran Contiki people…

Is it possible to break away from the group activities on some days? I have a friend in Prague who I was hoping to meet up with, but I’m not sure exactly what the Contiki agenda is that day.

• 23 Jun 2010 Explorer1186795 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Redders:
    I am up for watching some games. Hopefully it will be all the games England are playing on our way to the final Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> This is our year….I can feel it!
    Not long to go now people. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Paul.

England v. Germany 3 PM local time (Berlin) on Sunday. It’s gonna be epic!!

• 23 Jun 2010 Explorer1186795 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by DTPhoto:
    quote:
    We hope to catch a few games at the local bars/pubs…

Berlin has a viewing area in Olympic Square, 5 miles from the hotel. Should be a massive party.

Looks like they changed the location of the viewing to the Tiergarten area, which is closer to the hotel. Easily accessible by the subways.
    Here’s the info http://www.berlinfifafanfest.com/home-english.html

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion