Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Emirate vs Singapore airlines

9 Sep 2010 AussieSarah said

Default_avatar
I know that emriates are the best but are they worth the extra $354 compared to singapore airlines ? Whats the main difference anyone know ! Im flying from Perth AUS to London so its a looong flight !! if anyone could help please !! Smiler
  • 9 Sep 2010 jaszmeene said

jaszmeene

I’ve not flown with Emirates before but in Malaysia,they are one of the cheapest airfare around for Europe and other places..from the pics on their website, their seats do look pretty comfy..As for SIA,they have a reputation of being one of the best in Asia in terms of services…sorry..i know it ain’t much help but just a little point for you to make comparison

• 9 Sep 2010 AussieEmma said

AussieEmma

I’ve not flown with either of these airlines before, but I’ve been doing my research. A benefit about Emirates is that you get 30kg (a major plus for me! although keeping in mind Contiki only allows 20kg)

Try having a look at http://www.airlinequality.com

• 9 Sep 2010 cdm115 said

cdm115

In terms of the product the 2 airlines offer, I doubt you will notice much difference, they are both very good. I wouldn’t pay an extra $350 to pick one over the other based on that.

Take a look at any fees, times of travel, stop overs. For $350 I would probably pick a flight with better stop overs and times.

• 10 Sep 2010 Jenna_Lee said

Jenna_Lee

I flew with Singapore Airlines in July from Sydney and they were really good. The staff were so friendly, food and entertainment was good, cant fault them! & on the way back i was over by 5 kilos and they didnt care. Havent flown with Emirates though but ive heard theyre good aswell!

• 14 Oct 2010 Explorer1084121 said

Default_avatar

Singapore Airlines for Sure.I did a price check for an Adelaide to Cairo next June and SQ came out cheaper by close to a grand and I wanted a few days in Singapore on the way home so that settled it.If I didn’t need the stopover I would have gone for Emirates.totally up to u

• 14 Oct 2010 liselise said

liselise

I’ve never flown Emirates but I chose SIA to fly from Perth to London for November. Not only was it cheaper but the flight times were perfect for me (I’m leaving Perth at 2am and getting to London at 3-something in the arvo) with only a 2.5hr stopover.

Both SIA and Emirates have good reputations. I think you should look at the stopovers and flight times first before choosing. Based on what I’ve heard I didn’t think that there was enough difference in the airlines to justify paying the extra money. However I’ve never flown with Emirates myself so this is just what I’ve heard. Also I chose SIA because I’m a solo traveller and if something happens at the stopover in Singapore (like a major flight delay or strike or something) I have family there.

• 26 Oct 2010 sophc said

sophc

Ive never flown with either, but i have flown with malayisan air and they were so helpfull and the nice. They didn’t care that my bag was over 20kg on the flight home (which was really lucky) We got the flights on sale from Brisbane to London for $1400 that was with a 4 hour stopover in Kuala Lumpur on the way over and about a 2 hour stopover on the way back. I’m researching flights to Rome from Brisbane for my Feb Simply Italy tour and it looks like i’ll b flying either Emerites or Singapore airlines. They are the cheapest for $1700 to $1900.

• 27 Oct 2010 GoldenHelikaon said

GoldenHelikaon

I haven’t flown with either, but I’ve just booked my flights with Emirates for September 2011. Mostly, I didn’t fancy going via Singapore and would much rather have a stop-over in Dubai.

• 9 Nov 2010 Msfang said

Msfang
    quote:
    Originally posted by GoldenHelikaon:
    I haven’t flown with either, but I’ve just booked my flights with Emirates for September 2011. Mostly, I didn’t fancy going via Singapore and would much rather have a stop-over in Dubai.

was it costly with emirates? my bf and i are going to be doing the european highlights tour in september and are trying to find the best package.
  • 17 Nov 2010 GoldenHelikaon said

GoldenHelikaon
    quote:
    Originally posted by Msfang:
    quote:
    Originally posted by GoldenHelikaon:

was it costly with emirates? my bf and i are going to be doing the european highlights tour in september and are trying to find the best package.

It was about $3400NZD all up, but technically I’m doing two different trips by plane. I’m going to be having a stop over in Dubai on the way to London and then I’ll be leaving from Athens back to New Zealand. I think it would’ve cost a bit less if my arrival and departure was in the same place.
  • 21 Nov 2010 Lizbyte said

Default_avatar

Hey Tash,

Same! My bags were 37kg and Emirates didn’t charge me excess or even say anything! (Although I was flying out of Egypt, maybe they’re more relaxed there?).

Did Singapore Airlines weigh your carry on luggage? Why did you have trouble with it? I was kind of counting on putting lots in mine…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion