Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Italy Aug 1-12 07

9 Mar 2007 Karen Jane said

Default_avatar
Just like everyone else, I am looking for people who are going on the same tour as I am. I have never been to Europe let alone Italy. To say that I am nervous and excited would be an understatment, and I still have five months to go. I have planned to stay for four extra nights in Rome after the tour to soak up the nightlife and find fascinating things that tourists frequently miss.
Karen
  • 17 Jul 2007 Stacy said

Default_avatar

Two wks away….wow! Cant believe it! Maybe we can all meet up for coffee/lunch late arvo in Rome on the 31st as its sounds like that is the arrival date for most of you?? then we can just take it from there. How do we go about contacting each other… sms??? I will be in a different hotel to the Contiki one for the two days prior. Stace

• 18 Jul 2007 Loogie said

Default_avatar

Hey Everyone,
    I’m NOT going on your trip but i’ve travelled with Contiki and would like to offer some advice:
    If you plan on taking a credit card to Europe, you may want to call your credit card company to let them know you’ll be travelling so they don’t think the card has been stolen and cut you off.

Another thing I recommend is carrying your cash in a money belt, I find it safer.

When you pack, throw some clothing into your carry-on to ligten the weight of the suitcase and in case your luggage gets lost. Leave room for souveneirs & carry with you an extra copy of your pasport and hotel address list.

In terms of weight of luggage, it’s the airlines that are more strict than Contiki. Each airline has their own weight threshold & will only be too glad to charge you extra for going over. You can find out the limit/rules by going on the airline’s website.

Feel free to ask me anything else.

Brian (from New York)
    brij75@yahoo.com

Southern Ireland ‘97
    Grand Explorer ‘00
    Rainbow Nation ‘01 (no longer offered by Contiki)
    Beaches & Reefs ‘02-’03

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.