Community_discussions_small  

Comment

46 Camping tour Aug. 19, 2008 Oct. 03, 2008

13 Nov 2007 Dasbot said

Default_avatar
Hey all
Me and a mate are going on this tour, i hoping too find other ppl who are going on this tour.
  • 17 Jan 2008 Cara said

Default_avatar

Im going on Aug 19th its going to be awesome. Its my second tour did 21 days camping in 2004 with my bro. This time going solo should be a good experience meet heaps of new people while having an absolute blast!!! Camping is definelty the way to go!!

• 19 Jan 2008 sarah said

Default_avatar

hi mick im planning on doin this trip alone and ill be flying out of brissie 2 and im also planning on staying a coulpe of extra days in london. what day r u flying out of brissie?

• 19 Jan 2008 Steph said

Default_avatar

Hi all, I am really hoping to do this trip too, it is my absolute ultimate. I haven’t booked yet as I am ultra worried about not being able to save enough money by August. I’ve been reading on this forum about people spending more than 100 Euros a day, how much are you guys budgeting for? I’m 24 and from NZ, if all goes well I’ll be meeting you guys on the tour, cross your fingers for me!

• 19 Jan 2008 Cara said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone another aussie here going on the 46 day camping. Im looking forward to it seems i wont be the only one travelling solo. I went on 21 day camping tour in 04 was awesome lots of alcohol and great memories will be good to get back on the contiki bandwagon!!!

• 20 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hi Sarah, I’m planning to fly out of brissie and go to Egypt to do the 8 day Egypt and the Nile tour before the camping trip.

• 22 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

To those who are planning to stay a few days in London after the tour ends, any idea where you’re planning to stay? I thought of just staying in the Royal National Hotel which is the hotel where Contiki tours start and end.

• 23 Jan 2008 Elle said

Default_avatar

I’m staying at the royal national hotel, although i’m thinking about doing a short tour that goes up to scotland, or accross to ireland. Not too sure yet.

• 23 Jan 2008 sarah said

Default_avatar

im planning on staying a few extra days in london after and a friend recommended a hostel called the genarator (if ur on a tight budget)

• 23 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

I was trying to find out where some of you were going to stay so we could keep in touch and hang out after.

• 24 Jan 2008 Loz said

Default_avatar

hey evryone… my names loz and ill also be on this tour… nice to knoe im not the only one flying solo here… email’s: smile4loz007@hotmail.com if you want to chat…looking forward to hearing from you … loz:-) xox WOOHOO EUROPE here we come!!!!

• 24 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

It’s done, i’m in,i’m in. I have confirmed and paid for my booking and will definately be on this tour!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m so excited and i just can’t wait!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 24 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Thanks Sarah for the advice about the generator hostel.
    I checked out the hostel’s web site and prices, much more cheaper and probably more fun than the royal national hotel.
    I will be staying at the royal national hotel on the night the tour ends, and then for a further 3 nights i’ll stay at the hostel.

• 24 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Cara, you said you did the 21 days camping tour in 2004. I was just wondering what kind of bag you used on that trip and which one you plan on using this time around. By bag, i mean suitcase or backpack or duffle bag.
    I’ve been thinking how much room is there in the tents for suitcases etc.
    Hope you can help us all.

• 25 Jan 2008 Explorer1084744 said

Explorer1084744

Hey Guys,my names mel! you got yourself another excited traveller for august 19th. CANT WAIT Big Grin<!--graemlin::D--> !! im 18 and i was born over in germany and ive been told ive been to most of these places but i just cant remember them so its gonna be a blast to go bak!. Im flying outta brizy to, leavin august 15th! Yay!

• 25 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hi Mel! A thousand welcomes from us all! I know exactly how excited you feel, cuz i’m feeling the same way right now. I can not wait till this amazing trip starts.

• 25 Jan 2008 Explorer1084744 said

Explorer1084744

haha well a thousand welcomes bak to you all then Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->….lucky u, u dont have to wait as long. are u still goin to be doin the egypt tour befor our jolly good camping tour?? ill be bak trackin after our tour has finished to go stay with some family and friends bak in germany and austria so i think im gonna be stayin an extra month in europe.. is anyone else goin to be stickin around??

• 25 Jan 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Yes Mel, i’ll still be doing the Egypt tour before hand. Fly out of Brissie 7 Aug, Egypt tour 9 Aug to 16 Aug. Fly to London the day the tour ends. Spend a few days in london before our tour and then away we go. Gonna stay in London for 4 nights after the tour and then back home.

• 2 Feb 2008 sarah said

Default_avatar

hey guys
    does any of u know what visas we need for this trip, if any???? i looked up ‘aussies and visas’ on the forum but the posts were from early last year so they could have changed since then. i asked my travel agent but she doesnt seem to think we need to arrange any before we go… id rather be safe than sorry though. also does anyone know how cold its guna get? coz i dont know what temp sleeping bag to get

• 2 Feb 2008 Solo Explorer said

Solo Explorer

Hey guys! My names Laura, Im 22 and doing the 46 day euopean camping trip also leaving on 19th August.

Im goin solo and after reading everyones comments it seems theres a few of us in the same boat. Is there anyone from Melbourne going? Be great to chat

Also is anyonr going to the USA after this tour? Im thinking of doing the Grand Southern (26 day tour) in October from NYC to LA then back to Melbourne.

Is there anyone else doing both these trips?

Also, before I start the camping tour, I was planning on going to the Greek Islands first for about 1-2 weeks. Our tour doesnt include the Greek Islands and I really wanna go. Has anyone considered this?

• 3 Feb 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Sarah, according to my travel agent, you will require a visa for Macedonia which will cost you about $33.00. You will need to get this one before you go on the tour. Visa’s are also required for Albania and Turkey but they are issued on arrival so no need to organise anything for those. I’m sure our tour manager will inform us on what is to be done.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion