Community_discussions_small  

Comment

46 Camping tour Aug. 19, 2008 Oct. 03, 2008

13 Nov 2007 Dasbot said

Default_avatar
Hey all
Me and a mate are going on this tour, i hoping too find other ppl who are going on this tour.
  • 24 Feb 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey you guys. What’s happening, is everyone still super excited about doing this trip?

• 25 Feb 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

Hi guys. My names Tamara, I’m 21 aussie. I am so excited for the trip. just booked and paid!!! i will be in us/canada before hand and hanging out in london after. glad lots of other ppl r going solo.

• 25 Feb 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey Tamara, welcome aboard. Where in Oz are you from? I’m in Brisbane

• 25 Feb 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

thanks. well…i was born and live in south africa till i was 12, im currently living in sydney but have also lived in coffs harbour and my family last year moved to the sunshine coast.

• 25 Feb 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Wow, you sure have gotten around. Isn’t it exciting, waiting to go away on a big holiday?

• 6 Mar 2008 aussie90 said

Default_avatar

hey all. i am thinking of booking this trip but by all the replys ill probally find there no seats left lol -if so its back to the origianl plan of backpacking solo 8D…turning turning 18 in aug so was woundering wot everyones thoughts are on bout the trip being worth it and whether i should do this kinda contiki trip later on in my yrs (ie. 21/22 as seems to be majority of age)and instead go for the whole backpack solo experience

• 7 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey Aussie90. These contiki tours are designed for the whole age range they cater for. So you would be fine on this trip. You’ll probably find there will be others in your age range, they just havn’t gotten onto here yet. On my last Contiki tour, there were about 4 people who were 18 years of age. If there is a spot left, i’d recommend jumping on board. For a first time overseas solo trip, an organised tour will make things a lot easier. Meals, transport, accommodation all organised for you. You just sit back and enjoy the ride.

• 10 Mar 2008 Elle said

Default_avatar

aussie90. I’m turning 18 in may, and i imagine lots of other people would be around the same age range. Going solo would be really tough, and why would you want to wait 4 years?

• 11 Mar 2008 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hey guys Perth reporting in! My girlfriend and i are all booked in for this tour. Im 22 she’s 18 and its our first time traveling, we’re in Europe for 6 months and are really looking forward to the tour. We’re backpacking to Germany, Poland and Ukraine (including Chernobyl) after the tour if anyone is still game.

• 11 Mar 2008 Peter said

Default_avatar

Oh and Elle if ur still going for Ireland we’re going on the Southern Ireland tour From the 9th of Aug to the 16th, then transferring over to this one after a few days in wales…join up it will be epic!

• 16 Mar 2008 ezza said

Default_avatar

hi everyone my names erin and me and my best friend woody are doing this trip, we are so excited, we are both 24 and from good old SYDNEY, will be in london 1 week before the trip and 3 weeks after, hopefully see ireland and a bit of the UK,anything really, not long now less then 5 months

• 16 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

All of this waiting is killing me. This trip is going to be sooo cool!! So many excited people waiting to jump onboard this tour.

• 17 Mar 2008 Possay said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone.
    I’m 20 from Melb.

Been watching this post for a while now and thought I’d pop up and say hi. Still undecided wheather to do a tour due to career.

Just wondering, what’s evryone’s ages like for this tour?
    Cheers, Paul.

• 17 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

I’m 33

• 18 Mar 2008 Explorer1084744 said

Explorer1084744

hey, Mel here from Brissy. im 19

• 18 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Brissy here too.

• 23 Mar 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

hey, welcome guys. Tamara also from syd. 21.
    so just doing some planning. are most people staying at the royal national hotel before and after the tour? or is generator hostel the better option? hope you are all having a great easter long weekend.

• 23 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hi Tamara.
    My plans are as follows: Arrive in London 16 August and stay in the Royal National till the morning of the 19th where our tour starts. When we get back, i’ll be staying at the Royal National on the night the tour ends. Then i’ll move to the Generator Hostel and stay there for 3 nights. I think the Generator Hostel is the better option. Cheaper accomodation and from what i’ve read on their web site, a much more fun place to stay compared to the Royal National.

• 24 Mar 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

cool thanks mick. also my parents travel heaps and think i will be fine with just credit card, eftpos and debit card. but heaps of stuff i have been reading says to take travellers cheques…do u recon its a good idea to take some? and how much.

• 24 Mar 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Instead of travellers cheques, get a cash passport which is a stand alone visa card from Travelex, the same crowd who do traveller cheques. You load it up with your own money and can use it at any place where Visa is accepted…..atm’s, shops where visa is accepted etc. It isn’t linked to any of your personal bank accounts so there is no risk of someone stealing your savings if you loose the card. You get two cards, a main one and a back up if the main one is lost. You can get a cash passport from your travel agent or a bank.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion