Community_discussions_small  

Comment

46 Camping tour Aug. 19, 2008 Oct. 03, 2008

13 Nov 2007 Dasbot said

Default_avatar
Hey all
Me and a mate are going on this tour, i hoping too find other ppl who are going on this tour.
  • 10 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey Janelle,
    This trip is going to be so awesome. So many people to become friends with and have a blast together.
    A birthday on tour means extra partying.
    I’ll be doing a tour of Egypt before i join this one.
    See you in about 2 months now. Yee ha!!

• 13 Jun 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone.
    I havent been on here in ages and heaps more ppl have decided to come which is great. I actually leave aust in 2 weeks to tour usa and canada but will be in london from 16th staying at the imperial the night before the tour.
    its like just over two months till contiki. so excited.
    also looked at average temp in sept for some of the countries towards the end of our trip and its like 15/16 degree C. i think thats kind of cold….and im thinking about what to pack. any thoughts??

• 15 Jun 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Hi all

My name is AJ and Im on this tour. I will be in London a week before tour, catching up with friends.
    Im 26, from Perth and have done a Europe contiki in 2004 and scandinavia/russia in 2006. Had a great time and thought Id do it again (only camping this time).

Ill be staying on in the UK after the tour, going up to Edinburgh to work for a few years.

Cant wait to meet everyone, will be a great trip.
    AJ

• 15 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Welcome back Tamara. So many people will be on this tour. It’s going to be GREAT!
    Hello AJ. Europe is great fun isn’t it?!
    I can not wait to be back there. I did a Contiki tour there back in 2001.

• 17 Jun 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Hi all

Wow, Im getting pretty excited now, its getting harder to concentrate on work. And Ive still got 6 weeks to go…

Hey, was just wondering how many people will be in London a few days early? Im staying at the National for 2 nights before tour and was wondering if anyone was interested in meeting up before tour? Im not sure what time our meeting will be on the night before, but does anyone want to meet up early?
    Im really bad with names, so the sooner I can put a name to a face, the better!
    AJ

• 17 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hi AJ. I’m getting pretty excited too. Only 1 month and 18 days till i fly out of Brisbane!!
    I’ll be arriving in London from Egypt on the 16th and i would love to catch up with anyone who will be there early.
    Maybe get together and go on one of those double decker bus tours on London. Have a look around. This time i’d like to go on the London Eye. Didn’t get to do that last time.

• 18 Jun 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

welcome AJ!
    so excited. I fly out of brisbane in exactly a week. i spend some time in the usa and canada before contiki. i also get to london on the 16th and am staying with friends but will be at the national on the 18th.
    i think the pre departure meeting is at 7pm.
    also do we need any visa’s or do contiki organise all that.
    oh and also im on facebook. email address im on facebook. tamara sutherland.

• 18 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

3 Visas will be needed for this trip. 2 will be issued on arrival but the one for Macedonia will have to be arranged in advance. So my travel agent tells me. I’m going to take her word for it as she’s the professional.

• 18 Jun 2008 Serena! said

Serena!

hey,
    me and bess will arrive on the 17th Aug, we are atying at the generator hostel .
    if you would like to catch up before hand i can give you my mobile number and we can then decide where to catch up on the day.
    Can’t wait.
    see you all soon

• 18 Jun 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Sounds good guys. I did the London Eye a few years ago – the views are great. I was thinking about doing one of the free walking tours on the 18th if anyone is interested in joining me. Otherwise we can meet up for a drink or dinner before the meeting.

Ive checked all the visa sites and Australians no longer need any before the trip(as of 23rd may, we dont need to pre-purchase for macedonia). All the ones we do need are purchased at the borders.
    Does anyone have any info contradicting that? I dont want to miss anything because I dont have the right information.

• 18 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

You could be right AJ as i made my booking for this trip back in January, things could have changed since then. I haven’t seen the travel agent since. She was going to contact me in July about the visas.
    I’ll be staying at the Royal National before the tour and at the Generator Hostel after. I plan to get a sim card for England when i arrive so i can be in touch with others.
    AJ and Tamara, what is your email address? I’ve been collecting them from some of the others.
    AJ, i’ll certainly join you and any one else on the walking tour. I hear the Generator Hostel does them too.

• 18 Jun 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Ive never stayed at the generator, not sure where it is. I was looking at the www.newlondon-tours.com site. Ive done their tours in amsterdam & Berlin, and they were very good.

My email is amandajane0682@hotmail.com and Im on facebook with that email address too. Ive got a UK sim from my last trip, and Ill be using as soon as I arrive on the 14th Aug.

• 19 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

AJ, The generator hostel is just up the road from The Royal National. Their web site is http://www.generatorhostels.com/london/
    The night the tour end i’ll stay in the Royal National and then the next day i’ll move to the Hostel. It’s nearby and i’ve heard that a few others on our tour will be staying there also.

• 22 Jun 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Cool. I guess you need to be a guest to do the walking tour though.
    Im staying 2 nights at the Royal National after the tour. Not sure when I will need to head up to Scotland to start earning some money again, so I wont make any more plans ’til Im there.

Ok… for anyone interested, the walking tour meets at 10am near the Tower Hill Underground Station and goes for about 2.5-3 hrs. Anyone who wants to meet up at the hotel, we can maybe arrange that closer to the date.

• 22 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

AJ, I’m in for the walking tour, just tell me when you would like to meet. Meeting at the hotel first and then making our way to the Tower Hill Station together is a great idea.

• 22 Jun 2008 Kristen said

Default_avatar

hello everyone.. im kristen 20 from syd and booked to do this tour of europe with you all! we have only 7 weeks felt to wait, im so excited its my first overseas trip and im going solo!
    mick, nice to meet you.. ill be staying in the royal national hotel aswell a couple of days before our tour starts.
    after the tour ends i would like to do a little more traveling maybe to ireland or scotland or just stay in london.. not sure yet but ill be in europe a month after our tour ends.. so anyone interested in staying that would be soo awesomeSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 23 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey Kristen, nice to meet you too.
    Yes, it is getting very close isn’t it and the excitement is getting quite strong. Only 6 weeks till i fly out of Brisbane and like I’ve said a lot on here, i’m getting really excited about it. It’s all i’m thinking of at the moment.
    When will you be arriving in London?
    I’ve always travelled solo and i’ve always had a awesome time. I think that is largely because of the group i ended up travelling with and this group looks like it might turn out to be the best of them.
    After this tour, i’ll be staying in London until 7 October, then i fly out of London to head home at 10:30pm.

• 24 Jun 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

I leave tomorrow. yah!!!
    anyway i checked with the visa’s too and i dont think we need to pre organise. so hopefully thats right.
    my email for facebook is tammi_gal@hotmail.com BUT if you are emailing its better to get me on tamara_sutherland@hotmail.com
    i would like to do the walking tour too…but i will check details closer to the day.
    cya all soon

• 24 Jun 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

See you soon Tamara, have fun you lucky thing.

• 25 Jun 2008 Peter said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!

A word on visas, im pretty sure you’re spot on Anjel. last time i checked those of us from Australia should only need two on for turkey and one for Albania and that is at the border, just tell them your not carrying drugs, promise not to steal anything, give them $20 and it should all be fine. Good to see someone else from Perth btw Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.