Community_discussions_small  

Comment

46 Camping tour Aug. 19, 2008 Oct. 03, 2008

13 Nov 2007 Dasbot said

Default_avatar
Hey all
Me and a mate are going on this tour, i hoping too find other ppl who are going on this tour.
  • 23 Jul 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone, how about we set a time for everyone to meet in person?
    Our pre tour meeting will be at 7:00pm on the 18th. So how about we meet at The London Pub which is the pub next to the Royal National, at 5 or 6pm. We could meet each other over a pint or get a nice feed and have a good old yarn while enjoying some pub grub.
    Post a message on here or send me an email at schwarzie74@hotmail.com to let me and everyone else know what you think.
    Catch yas.

• 23 Jul 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

UPDATE:
    After a little discussion via email, it looks like we’ll be meeting at 5:30pm on the 18th, at The London Pub before the pre-tour meeting. That should give us all plenty of time to get acquainted and get some food.
    Everyone going on this tour is invited and are encouraged to join us.
    Lookin forward to having a pint or two of an English brew in old London town with my new friends.
    See yas there.

• 24 Jul 2008 Explorer1084987 said

Default_avatar

okay i just read like 4 pages of discussion.

im having a wonderful time in usa and canada and cant wait for contiki. im staying at the royal national the night before.

also i will be there for the pre meeting dinner. where is the london pub? (i hope that is not a really blonde question…and if it is i blame the jet lag.)

also i really wanna come on the walking tour…so what time are we meeting at the basement?

i have been travelling with a backpack. it goes ok. hopefully its the right size. i want to take half the stuff i packed out and leave it in london before contiki. my advise is pack light…its so annoying carring round the extra.

• 24 Jul 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hi Explorer1084987,
    The London Pub is located next to the Royal National Hotel across the court yard from the main entrance to the hotel. You can’t miss it.
    We’ll be meeting AJ at the basement between 9 and 9.30 in the morning, on the 18th.
    I’ll be taking a backpack too and i only intend to pack what i’ll need for my 9 day trip to Eygpt.
    If you like, i can add you to the mailing list if you care to give me your email address.

• 28 Jul 2008 Janelle said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys!

I will come accross to the London Pub for tea, although may be late. I think my flight gets in at about 4pm.

So see ya all there!

Janelle Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 28 Jul 2008 Mick said

Default_avatar

Hey Janelle.
    Don’t worry about being late. We’ll all be there waiting for you.
    See you soon.
    Mick

• 3 Aug 2008 chanquad said

chanquad

Hey im 19, female and from western australia. i will be doing the european whirl tour finishing september 28th. i will be in europe until about the 20ish of november on my own before i head over to america and was wondering if anyone else will be in london from about the 29th september that wants to meet up.

myspace.com/frantelle

• 10 Aug 2008 ashschu said

Default_avatar

Getting closer!!!!

How many of you have started to pre plan your free time? I’ve been reading lots about pre booking tickets etc….but I’m not even sure what time and dates our free time is so don’t want to pre book aything. Is anyone else prebooking things like the Lourve or to see David and things like that?

With that being said – I haven’t even done any hunting of what it is I want to see in each location. I’ve left my LP Europe book at home in Canada. Is anyone else going in to this holiday as blind as I seem to be?

I feel like I might end up wasting alot of time and money by not pre planning – but sadly I just can’t be bothered to sit on the computer for the next week looking stuff up!

• 10 Aug 2008 Serena! said

Serena!

dont worry
    I have not pre-booked everything. I am taking my contiki things but as of yet have not really had a look
    see you in a few days Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Aug 2008 Anjel said

Anjel

Hi.
    Only a few days to go….

Dont worry about planning everything ahead of time – you’ll probably change your mind about things when you get there anyway. The tour manager will go through options in each city too. They let you know what the main things to see are, and can point you in the right direction.
    You will generally find some others from tour will want to do similar things to you as well, so you will have people to do it with, rather than pre-booking and perhaps ending up on your own.
    See you all on mon/tues.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.