Community_discussions_small  

Question

What to do with free Time in Orlando?

30 Mar 2008 Explorer1093948 asked

Default_avatar
Hi all

Just wonder if i could get some advice from anyone who has done this tour, or is planning to, in relation to what to do for the two free days we have in Orlando. I plan to do the whole Disney world thing, but do others think it's wise to spend the two days here, or one day, and a day in Orlando? I imagine there other things to see. Any advice/ideas's would be appreciated.

Rachel
  • 1 Apr 2008 USTraveller said

Default_avatar

There’s 7 huge theme parks to see, and 2 days is only enough time to see one or two. Sea World’s animal acts are exactly the same in Florida as in San Diego, so if you’ve seen the San Diego park there’s not a lot of point.

Advice? See Disney World’s Magic Kingdom if you’re a real Disney nostalgic. If wild animals are your thing, try Animal Kingdom. If you’re into movies, try Disney’s Hollywood Studios and/or Universal Studios Florida. If into thrill rides, Islands Of Adventure. If you want a really different experience, visit Epcot which has a few rides and some educational aspects. That’s the theme parks. Disney tickets and transfers are available as extras on the tour, and that’s the appeal. Other stuff you may be relying on taxis and having to pay at the gate.

If you’re not into theme parks, the Frommer and Lonely Planet Guides to Orlando have some good recommendations.

• 6 Apr 2011 Marchy said

Marchy

do you get 2 free days on the eastern discovery,

i recommend fast pass and front of the line passes i was over the in LA did uni studios and disney land was the best thing didn’t have to line up and wait for ages.

• 10 Apr 2011 JediKnight said

JediKnight

Yeah you dont get 2 free days. First day you arrive in the afternoon, second day is free time, 3rd day you leave in the morning.
    Me and my friends are doing Universal Studios and then doing Disneyland in LA

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.