Community_discussions_small  

Comment

europe trips mid 2011

12 Jan 2010 lyzbear said

Default_avatar
hey people and my friend were thinking of going on a couple of contiki trips mid next year during uni holidays.
just wondering who has done them / going to do them ? which ones were good that time of year ? and can you ski in austria that time of year?

anything you have to say is much appreciated Smiler
thanks x
  • 12 Jan 2010 Jess said

Jess

Hey, i’m planning on doing a tour around May or June next year. Tossing up between the London to Athens or Road to Athens + Greek Cruising. Haven’t decided yet tho!

• 13 Jan 2010 retronym said

retronym

im doing road to athens june 15

• 15 Jan 2010 alyssa! said

alyssa!

im also looking at doing a couple tours in Europe during uni break in 2011. have yet to decide which ones, all depends how much I make this summer

• 9 Feb 2010 Explorer1164755 said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I am planning on doing the 16 day Great Britain and Ireland tour and the Road to Athens plus 3 day Greek Island Cruise in June/July next year. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• 15 Feb 2010 Jess said

Default_avatar

Hey
    Im planning to do 46 day Europe camping April/May 2011. Ive never been on a plane overseas let alone stay in another country. trying to fit as any countries as I can knowing that I will def go back to those I liked and spend more time there another year.

Anyone else planning to do this tour in 2011?

• 16 Feb 2010 kristy said

kristy

im going ultimate european +egypt end of june 2011.. cant wait

• 27 Mar 2010 Laurennnn said

Laurennnn

im planning on the 46 day camping tour mid 2011 as well. going solo Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Oct 2010 MichelleF13 said

Default_avatar

Im planning on doing
    European Experience early May
    Eastern Road late may and Eastern Med cruising mid June.. anyone else thinking of those ones?

• 6 Oct 2010 Explorer1147179 said

Default_avatar

All contiki tours are good in summer, honestly Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->. One thing to keep in mind, in the mediterranean countries in summer temperatures can exceed the 40s. It can get bad waiting in queues etc for museums. However, I wouldn’t say not to go because of these reasons. Europe comes alive in summer.

Also, with the snow, skiing in Austria is pretty much impossible in summer. This is unless it has an absolutely awesome season with conditions still good in May, June, etc. Best time to go skiing in Austria is ofcourse in winter, January or February the pick of the months.

• 6 Oct 2010 Explorer1211712 said

Default_avatar

Hello everyone Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I am going to do the Europe explorer plus mykonos islands (37 day tour) i think thats the one Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> im going 20 May to 27 June 2011.. Cant wait..! ive been told (and from my experience) its a lovely time to go Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->!!!Anyone going at those times?

• 7 Oct 2010 Louise said

Louise

I’m doing the 32 day camping tour round Europe 26th July 2011 Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Pumped!!

• 8 Oct 2010 amzz said

amzz

im doing 46 day europe camping june 28th solo anyone else i’ve never travelled alone before

• 8 Oct 2010 Dimplez said

Default_avatar

i’m planning on doing the london explorer sometime in May either the 2nd week or later

• 8 Oct 2010 Juanita said

Juanita

We are doing Eurpoean Encounter 27th May 2011, who elase is going?

• 10 Oct 2010 sarahesther said

sarahesther

Hi! My friend and I have just booked in to do European Contrasts May 5th 2011! Anyone else thinking about or doing this tour? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 14 Oct 2010 Explorer1208718 said

Default_avatar

hey guys

ive booked the ultimate european tour on 24th july 2011 anyone else booked for this tour?
    cant wait Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 6 Nov 2010 Ashyyy!! said

Default_avatar

Hey Guys!
    Ive just booked the 32 day camping on 14th June 2011! So excited! Anyone else on this tour? Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 18 Nov 2010 lexaust. said

Default_avatar

hey everyone,
    i just booked european escapade 4th-28th july and egypt and the nile 30th july-6th august! anyone going on these>?

• 15 Jan 2011 Explorer1208718 said

Default_avatar

hey everyone
    i have created a facebook page for everyone coming on the ultimate european tour on the 24th july 2011. the page is called contiki ultimate european- 24th july 2011

Please join Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion