Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Russia (Start in Stockholm)

14 Jan 2011 EscotchioMiguel said

EscotchioMiguel
Is there anyone out there doing the June 30 2011 Russia (start in Stockholm) tour?
  • 24 Feb 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

Do you mean the 1st July 2011? Cos I am doing that one.

• 25 Feb 2011 EscotchioMiguel said

EscotchioMiguel

Do you start in stockholm?

• 4 Mar 2011 Connie said

Connie

i’m in for the June 30 Start in Stockholm. Flying in the day before to take in more of the city. Contiki cut the number of tours this summer: i had hoped to get on the June 24 start, but it got the axe.

I’m from Canada, done lots of Contiki’s & can’t wait to get on this one!

• 4 Mar 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

Well now I’m confused my travel agent said the departure date is the 1st July.

So do we check into the hotel, meet the tour manager and other contikiers on the 30th or the 1st?

I was hoping for the 24th as well but this one will be even better ;-) I’m hoping to catch up with a Swedish friend a few days before we depart and looking for a decent backpackers, anyone found/looking for one?

• 5 Mar 2011 Connie said

Connie

MachLovin – my bad! June 30 is the Departure date from Canada: i really need a vacation! Yes, July 1 start.
    I got this backpack 2 years ago for a trip to Egypt (http://www.alflahertys.com/product.php?pr_id=91&pr_code=&search_string=) the Rock Water ALTITUDE 70 Travel. Great Pack: bought it for the detachable day bag in the front and it opens up fully like a suitcase. Have loaded it to about 25kg.

• 6 Mar 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

Hahaha Connie. I actually meant backpacker/hostel accommodation for Stockholm but was looking for a new bag anyway so thanks for the info :-) Chris

• 7 Mar 2011 EscotchioMiguel said

EscotchioMiguel

Yeah, it looks like we are all on the same trip, I put June 30, because that’s how Contiki put it as a departure date. My Wife and I will be flying in on June 28. It’s good to know at least 4 of us are going on this trip. I can’t wait. Where are you from Chris? And Connie I glad your able to make this trip.

• 20 Mar 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

I’m from Perth, Western Australia and this is my first trip to Europe so I’m pretty excited. And I desperately need a holiday. Has anyone got their visa for Russia yet? Any idea on how much it costs and how long it takes to organize?

• 24 Mar 2011 Jessxx said

Default_avatar

Hey guys not 100% sure but think my tour may be joining up with yours?? I am doing Scandinavia & Russia tour and should arrive in Stockholm on the 30th of June. Chris I’m from Perth also :) Where abouts in Perth are you? With the Russia visa you have to enter the country within 3 months once it has been issued. Think it takes 8 days to process, or 3 days fast tracked or something like that. http://www.visalink.com.au/ go to that website should tell ya what you need :)

• 24 Mar 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

Hey Jessxx

I’m pretty sure that 30th is the “arrival date” and the 1st is the “departure date” so looks like we are on the same trip. I’m living in Fremantle at the moment, what about you? It really is a small world :-)

P.S. Thanks for the Visa info too.

• 24 Mar 2011 MachLovin said

Default_avatar

My brother said I need a visa for Belarus is that correct?

• 24 Mar 2011 Jessxx said

Default_avatar

No worries! No idea about Belarus though sorry. Freo cool, haha hmmm I’m Midland way I know I know dodgy =P There’s someone else on my Scandi tour that is from Carnavon too, small world indeed!

• 28 Mar 2011 ItsMeAnnaP said

Default_avatar

Hey All – Just booked this Russian tour last week. Was reading through the thread… do Americans need a Belarus visa? Can’t seem to find it anywhere. I take it you’re all starting in Stockholm? I won’t meet up with you until Helsinki, sadly. – Anna (California)

• 28 Mar 2011 Jessxx said

Default_avatar

Ahh crap now I’m confused about this Belarus visa?? Im seeing my travel agent this week she says she knows nothing about it and that contiki were sending her all the information re visa’s and nothing about that came up…. But everything I’ve checked online says you definitely require one…. Hmm I am thinking maybe you get it at the border??? cos I know some countries you get the visa on arrival.. But I could be completely wrong. I’ll try and find out through my travel agent or Contiki (who are impossible to get through to via telephone i might add…hint hint contiki..) and let you know what i find out….Or if anyone else knows would be real grateful for the info getting stuck in a country / not being allowed in is not one of my plans for this trip…..

• 28 Mar 2011 EscotchioMiguel said

EscotchioMiguel

Anna Check out www.zvs.com, thats what I’m using for my Visa’s for Russia and Belarus, but sice you are in the bay area you might be able to just go to both consulates.
    Jess it looks like you need a visa. http://wikitravel.org/en/Belarus
    Scott

• 28 Mar 2011 Ash888 said

Default_avatar

Hi Guys,
    My friend and I are doing the Scandinavia & Russia tour from 19 Jun 11 – 14 Jul 11 and have received our documents from Contiki already. One of the documents states that the Belarus Visa will be obtained on tour. US citizens require at least one available page available in their passports and will cost $160 USD cash. One coloured passport photo is also required. All other citizens need to bring a photo and $73 USD cash.
    Hope this helps:)

Can’t wait!!!!

• 28 Mar 2011 Val said

Default_avatar

Hey Babes. I’m not completely technologically impaired. I was able to sign on to this message board. Are you proud of me? Love you Scott.
    -Val

• 30 Mar 2011 Jessxx said

Default_avatar

Cheers for that Scott and Ash888. You have been much more helpful than my travel agent who knows nothing and Contiki who refuse to answer any of my questions – ok i get that i have to sort out visas myself but when i ask straight out ‘is the belarus visa obtained whilst on tour’, dont see why they cant just say yes?? If thats the case that is which it seems to be if thats what it says in your documents! But I will just organise it before I because i don’t trust contiki (even though i just gave them a few grand eeek haha).

Excuse the rant just a bit annoyed that neither my travel agent or Contiki have been very helpful in the slightest =p Ash im on the exact same tour as you can add me on facebook if ya want =) – http://www.facebook.com/jess.amato1

• 31 Mar 2011 EscotchioMiguel said

EscotchioMiguel

Hey guys, I made a page on facebook for our trip and all our tours do combine. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scandinavia-Russia-June-11-to-July-14-Contiki/211794378838178

• 1 Apr 2011 Jessxx said

Default_avatar

I did another facebook thing as a group for our tour rather than just a page that we can like, this way we will get notifications etc if anyone comments. the link is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_214100871937094 . I added all you that I have on facebook to it anyone else thats on this tour is welcome to join =)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.