reefs and rainforests (reverse)

14 Feb 2009 pancakes said

a friend and i are planning on going on the reefs and rainforests (reverse) tour next january and i have a couple of questions that i want answered before i book which tour to take.<BR><BR>1. the reefs and rainforests (reverse) tour is 19 days. but, on the itinerary it says days 1 & 2 are to "fly over the international date line on your way to australia"... what exactly is the point of these 2 days? why are they part of the tour? am i guessing right when im thinking the tour is actually 17 days and not 19?<BR><BR>2. so after my first point, i am now leaning toward reefs and rainforests (reverse) with sailing whitsundays. worth it? really, whats the difference between option 1 and option 2, besides the sailing? nothing?<BR><BR>3. anyone been on this trip before? general reviews? reviews about the sailing? what are some of the "must do" optional activities? comments greatly appreciated!<BR><BR>thanks!
  • 15 Feb 2009 alyssa! said

#1- i believe they give you those extra 2 days to fly there, as it will take that long. so technically it is only 17 days, only you leave home so your gone for 19 days
    #2- the only difference is the sailing option, so you can go for the 2 day sail, or you can stay on the beach and relax and maybe take a day sail which goes to all the same places only you don’t spend the night on the boat. its up to you. those who go and dont go both have a blast, so its all about preferences.
    #3- i’d say do as many optionals as you can. it is a one in a lifetime opportunity and who knows the next time you’ll get to do those things in australia! and just have fun

• 20 Feb 2009 pancakes said

so would you guys recommend doing reefs and rainforests (reverse) with whitsundays option OR beaches and reefs with whitsundays option. is it worth taking the extra 2 days to cape trib or not? hmmm…

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.