Comment

Eastern Road 13May

21 Jan 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar
HI There
Is anyone doing the Eastern Road 13May?
  • 5 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Great, I was staring to think I was the only one. Its my first Contiki and I can’t wait!

• 8 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello , My wife and I are taking this tour as well. This is our first tour allso

• 9 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

We are both ready for some time off work and really looking forward to the tour.Any trip tips you can give us as for this is are first tour ? Thanks Chad and Jen

• 10 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hi Chad and Jen
    I found the trip advise on the forum really informative. Is this your first time to Europe?

Nicolas – when do you get the names of the hotels we’re staying at? I wanted to know if they are in good locations.

• 11 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hi BB7 , This will be my frist time to Europe.My wife has been there 2 times , but never this far east. Are you both from the US ?

• 11 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hi,
    I’m from Perth, Australia and travelling alone and like you guys I’m really looking forward to the break from work and I’ve heard great reviews about the Eastern Road tour.

Default_avatar

I have read reviews too ,this one does sound great. I’d like to go to Australia someday too. I’d love to scuba there .

• 11 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hahah I have to admit I’m not a scuba diver but Australia is definitely worth seeing!
    So what attracted you both to the Eastern Road?

Default_avatar

Well, I originally wanted to go on the three week London to Athens tour, but my husband didn’t want to be gone from work that long. We started looking at other tours and he’s always been interested in WW2, and I’ve never been to eastern Germany, Poland, etc., so we decided to go ahead and do this tour and then come back and do the Turkey/Greece tour in 2009 since that’s where I really want to go. I’ve been to London, Paris, Rome, and a lot of the other cities on the London to Athens tour, so I guess it would have kind of been a repeat anyways.

• 11 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

I’d love to go to Turkey.
    I’m thinking about doing London and Paris extended either before Eastern Roads or after, I don’t think I can go to Europe again and not see Paris. Are you going to do anything before or after the tour?

• 12 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

No, We are just taking the tour and coming back .I wish we could , it would be nice.

• 12 Feb 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

Hey kiddos,

My name is Julie, and I’m from Dallas,TX, and I’m going solo on this trip. It’s my second contiki tour to Europe. I don’t know much about the trip, but it looks fascinating. I should be arriving the day before the tour begins and I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up for some sight seeing. I don’t mind seeing Berlin alone, but since I don’t speak German it would be nice to have someone else along for the very humourous charade game I’ll be playing! I can’t wait to meet everyone!

• 12 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hi Jules,
    I’m travelling alone aswell. At this stage I think I’ll be arriving into Berlin on the 13th.

• 12 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hi Jules and thanks Nicolas for the info .
    As of right now we fly in to berlin at 11:40 on the 13th .

• 13 Feb 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

It sounds like we will all be arriving the same day then. I haven’t booked my flight yet, but I’m sure I’ll be arriving in the morning some time. Maybe we can figure out a meeting place at the hotel. We are going to have so much fun!

• 13 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

I would really like to check-in at the hotel and maybe do some sight seeing before dinner if we have time. Do you know how we get from the airport to the hotel? Taxi or subway ?? Any ideas? Anyone arriving about the sametime maybe we could all go to the hotel as a group ?

Default_avatar

So, those of you who have already booked your flight, what airport are you flying into? I haven’t booked mine yet, so I’m open to meeting at the airport so we can make our way to the hotel together.

• 13 Feb 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

My wife and I are on the a flight that is due in to Berlin (TXL) Tegel @ 11:30am. If anyone else has a flight around that time and wants to meet and head out together to the hotel , we could work out the details. Jen and Chad

• 13 Feb 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

I haven’t booked my flights yet but when I do I’d love to meet and do some sight seeing.
    Is anyone considering doing any of the optional extra’s?

Default_avatar

I’m not sure about those dinner options. According to the travel log I’ve been reading they aren’t that great, but I definitely want to do the salt mine tour.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion