Comment

Eastern Road 13May

21 Jan 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar
HI There
Is anyone doing the Eastern Road 13May?
  • 7 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Haha it does really look creepy! I’m not sure if we will have time to check it out or how far it is but it would be interesting.So much to see so little time!

• 7 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

We are interested in it too . I just looked on the net about it too …..wow ,it does look creepy but very interesting at the same time .
    We have never been on a Contiki tour.Do you get enough free time to see something like this ?

• 8 Mar 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

We probably won’t have time to see it unless we substitute something. There’s another guy on a later tour that was talking about it, and he suggested seeing in instead of the jewish ghetto while we are there, but if this tour is anything like my last contiki which was rush rush rush, then we probably won’t have time. Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->

• 9 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Well that bites Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> but hey, it will be a good time no matter what happens.

Have a good weekend everyone!!!!

• 13 Mar 2007 Jules* said

Default_avatar

Hey everyone! Im another Jules doing this trip solo…Julia but we’ll figure all that when we all meet. Im doing the Simply Italy trip with Contiki on the 26th March and then travelling around maybe going to Egypt and Turkey before the eastern rd trip begins. Im from Byron Bay and Melbourne Australia. Im scared that im doing all this stuff alone but looking forward to it all the same. Email me if anyone is travelling around before etc sazanami84@gmail.com
    I havent booked flight in yet as I dont know where im going to be coming from.
    Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 13 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello Julia
    Welcome to the group Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Welcome Jules,another Aussie girl!
    I’m leaving Perth 03May heading to London and Paris then the Eastern Road. Can’t wait to hear all about Egypt and Turkey!

• 22 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

7 weeks to go!!!!

• 26 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello ,Everyone
    Just stopped in here to say…Hey.

Have a good week !!

• 27 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hi Kittsi. are you guys getting excited?

Does everyone have restrictions with what liquids you can carry on board in a tiny sandwish plastic bag?

• 27 Mar 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

We have those restrictions here in the states too, but you can pretty much stick anything in your carry on luggage. I’m excited! The tour starts a few days after my last day of school this semester so that’s celebration worthy!

• 27 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

I usually carry all my toiletries with me in my carry on bag. Will be fun squeezing stuff into a sandwich bag!
    Jules what you studying?

• 27 Mar 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I work full time so I’m just going to school part time and I’m working on a certificate for long term care activities director and an associates degree in even and meeting management. I’m studying design and decor this semester for that degree. It’s pretty fun, and definitely a creative field! I’m taking some toiletries with me on the plane, but I’ll pack most of them because they are easy to replace if something happens to them.

• 27 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Wow that sounds very impressive and full on. We’ll help you celebrate for sure!

• 28 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

We are getting excited about the tour. We bought a new digtial camera for the trip so we can take some really nice pics.I did get a money pouch as some poeple where saying its a good idea Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> .We allready booked are flights.

If anyone wants to email us??
    kittsi@cox.net –-- thats us Wink<!--graemlin:;)-->

• 29 Mar 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Is anyone flying into Schoenefeld airport?

• 30 Mar 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

We are flying into Tegel on May 13.

• 2 Apr 2007 RichUK said

Default_avatar

Hi all! I booked myself on this trip at the start of the year and I just noticed this discussion group so I thought I’d say g’day.

I’m an Aussie working in London (with as much traveling as possible in between!). I’m originally from Sydney, but I’ve been living here for over a year now.

Anyway, not too much from me at the moment, except I’m really looking forward to the tour and getting to know all of you.

Rich

PS. So what’s everyone up to for the Easter long weekend? I’m off to South Snowdonia in Wales to get a bit of fresh air and do some walking.

• 2 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

G’day Rich, welcome!
    I’m getting very excited about the tour – only 39 more days.
    Easter – nothing as exciting as you, saldy I’m in Perth so not as easy to just pop over to somewhere exciting for a weekend Frowner<!--graemlin::(-->
    I usually have a seafood BBQ with friends on good Friday then a family lunch on Easter Sunday. I’m looking forward to the break!

• 3 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I still haven’t received my docs yet, but I’m sure they will come soon. I think I’ll drop in on Barbara and join her beach BBQ for Easter!!! Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.