Comment

Eastern Road 13May

21 Jan 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar
HI There
Is anyone doing the Eastern Road 13May?
  • 3 Apr 2007 RichUK said

Default_avatar

Maybe we should all start this party off by meeting for a BBQ in Perth this weekend? When I was back in Oz, I used to spend most Easter weekends at the Blues Festival in Byron Bay … ahh good times Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->.

I’m sure everyone will get their travel docs soon. It only occurred to me late last night that I hadn’t received anything so I send an email off to Contiki and what do you know, they turned up first thing this morning!

• 3 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone,

We haven’t received the info yet either.As we are first time Contiki travelers, what is on the packet ??

• 3 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

The packet usually just gives you an outline of the tour, the hotels, the optionals, travel info,etc. I think it comes with a travel walet too.

• 3 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

You’re all more than welcome to the BBQ.
    38 days to go!
    Is anyone packing a jacket (like a rain/wind breaker)? Do you think we’ll need one?

• 3 Apr 2007 RichUK said

Default_avatar

I’m excited now! The postman woke me up this morning with a package from Contiki … all the travel docs .. woo hoo!

B77, now I’m jealous .. you can have BBQs in Perth whenever you want. In London we have to work in a much smaller window of good weather! Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 3 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Get out, I haven’t got mine yet. Has anyone else got their’s?

Rich how about we swap for the weekend, you take the 35C, beach and BBQ (it’ll be seafood) for the weekend and I’ll take Wales!

• 4 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I’m bringing a windbreaker since it’s rainy season, and a small umbrella too!

• 4 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

I’m going to bring a windbreaker for sure .Does anyone know what the avg. temps will run over there?

• 4 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I looked up the temps earlier and it looked like mid to upper 60sF in the day and mid 40sF in the evening.

• 4 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Thanks Jules for the info . Thats not to bad then,I’m just glad its not too hot.

• 4 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

I was hoping it would be a little warmer, thats almost like our winter Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    At least it will be nice and comfortable and hopfully not too much rain.
    Jacket (or wind breaker as you call it) and umbrella added to the list! Thanks guys.

• 8 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

I hope everyone had good Easter. Anyone starting to get things lined up for the trip ?

Have a good week everyone!!

Chad and Jen

• 8 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Happy Easter.
    I’ve finally booked my Paris to Berlin flight.
    I arrive at Schoenefeld airport at 9.30am on the 13th.
    5 weeks to go!

• 9 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

Hiya everybody,
    wow, I have only just discovered this message board. I am also doing this tour and by the sounds of things I am like most of you as I fly into Berlin on the 13th at around 11:30. I am doing the solo thing so I’m looking forward to meeting you all. If any of you are still keen to meet at the airport let me know. Hope you all had a great Easter. Anyway just wanted to say hi.
    cheers, Kimberley

• 10 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello Kimberley ,

Welcome to the message board . Yes, We are still meeting at the airport.We are still working on the details on it. What airport do you fly into? Tegel?

Chad and Jen

• 10 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Welcome Kimberley!
    Are you travelling around before the tour or arriving straight from Adelaide?

• 10 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

Heya,
    yep I am flying into Tegel, and yes I am flying straight from Adelaide, via Singapore and London along the way of course. So I’m not going to get to do any travelling before or after as I fly straight back to London after the tour finishes.
    This is my first time travelling on my own, as well as first time off Aussie soil so I’m getting a bit excited. It’s getting so close now, yay.
    cheers, Kimberley

• 10 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

heya Nicolas,
    yep this is my first contiki trip. So many of my friends have done contiki before and had an absolute blast so I figured now was as good a time as any for me to see that big wide world of ours Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

By the way, snow sounds so much more exotic than any weather we had here for easter. I flew to sydney and it rained the entire time I was there. Not nice at all.

cheers, Kimberley

• 13 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

This might seem an odd questions but does anyone speak any Eastern European languages? I speak a bit of Polish.

• 13 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

Gutten Morgen, I think I have the Eastern body language down! Isch liebe dsch (I’m sure I butchered that! Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.