Comment

Eastern Road 13May

21 Jan 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar
HI There
Is anyone doing the Eastern Road 13May?
  • 13 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Hahahahahah great work Jules but I have no idea what your saying!! hahahah!

• 13 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

Hi guys,
    finally got my documents today, yay! Now its getting exciting.
    As for being able to speak any European languages, I can say “sprechen sie Englisch?” and “Ich habe ein verlaufen” meaning “do you speak English?” and “I’m lost”.
    I figured these were two key phrases that I needed to know. Not to mention “zwei biers bitte” -“two beers please”, which is of course the most important one of all.
    cheers

• 15 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

oops, thanksSmiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    well it looks like I’m officially stuffed!
    I hope they understand my hand gestures and sign language better than my poor attempts at any language other than english.

• 15 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone,

Just in here saying …Hello

• 16 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

HI Chad & Jen, how was your Easter?

• 16 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hey , We hada great Easter,seen some friends, family and relaxed. Did you have a good one?
    Getting ready for for trip ?

Seeya Chad and Jen

• 16 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

Hey Dobar Dan,

It sounds like you’ve been on this trip before. Are you going again with us?

• 16 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Kittsi, yes I’m all organised and ready to go now. All I have to do is measure my suitcase to make sur eits within the Contiki allowance and pack!

dobar dan, sorry to hear you wouldn’t do the tour again. We are certainly looking forward to it!

• 17 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Thats good your getting everything rounded up. We have not seen your packet yet ? But that is one thing we need to look into .What is the suit case allowances by Contiki ? Is it a wieght and size thing ?? Thanks for all the help

Seeya Chad and Jen

• 17 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

Hey Chad and Jen, I received a UPS email saying my packet would be delivered today. There is a weight and size limit on your luggage. Here is what the contiki site says:

Baggage is restricted to one reasonably sized suitcase. Please ensure your suitcase is NO LARGER than 29″ × 20″ × 10″ (73cm x 50cm x 25cm) AND MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 44LBS (20KG) non-expanding for all Time Out/Superior and Concept/Budget Tours and NO LARGER than 28"x 18"x 9" (70cm x 45cm x 23cm) AND MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF 20KG for all camping tours.

On all tours, the suitcase size and weight is very strictly enforced. External metal framed backpacks or vanity cases are not allowed. Only one small piece of hand luggage will be allowed on the coach. Please make sure that your suitcase is the correct size before departure. If it isn’t, you’ll be asked to change your suitcase on the morning of departure.

• 17 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Do they seriously measure your suitecase?

• 17 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

I don’t remember them measuring it, but they did weight it.

• 17 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

Excellent, so if my suitcase is out a few cm I should be ok

• 18 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

heya,
    when they say non-expandable suitcase, what do they mean exactly because you can’t buy a suitcase nowdays that doesn’t have an expandable zip function. I looked at many suitcases and they all have it. Does this mean as long as we don’t use this function to expand our suitcases then it will be okay?

• 18 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

Your suitcase should be fine, they just don’t want you to expand it before we leave. I’m taking an expandable suitcase too, and by the end of the tour I’m sure it will be expanded and bulging. Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 19 Apr 2007 jules melrose said

Default_avatar

There typically isn’t time to do laundry, but what I do is take a small bottle of liquid detergent and wash some things as soon as we get to the hotel at stops where we have two nights in the same city. That way when you hang things up to dry they have more time to dry. I don’t think the guide will give you a hard time if you stay behind at the hotel, but they probably will encourage you to go especially on optional excursions since i think they might get some commission on those. Chances are there will be a few people who feel the same way that you do about something, but either way don’t feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to do. Is there something in particular you know you aren’t going to want to see?

• 20 Apr 2007 kittsi said

Default_avatar

Hello Everyone ,

We just got the packet !!!! Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> Looks like its just about 3 weeks out till it all starts.

• 20 Apr 2007 Kimbas said

Default_avatar

Heya Kittsi,
    i know, how exciting is it. I can’t believe that i have been planning this trip for so long and now it feels like it is actually going to happen. Yay!!
    cheers, Kimberley

• 21 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

I got my pack yesterday aswell, its very real now! I read somewhere that its reasonably cheap in Berlin to do washing if that helps.

• 23 Apr 2007 B77 said

Default_avatar

The hotels all look really good and close to public transport. 19 more sleep!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion