Community_discussions_small  

Comment

New York New Year 2011/2012

2 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar
Hey everyone me and my girlfriend booked this tour today would be real interested to know anyone else doing this tour as well. It would be good to get to know a few people thoughout the year before the tour even starts. Hope to hear from a few people Smiler
  • 4 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

Hi Ben,
    I booked this tour this week as well. :-)
    Really looking forward to spending NYE in New York!

• 5 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

That’s awesome….. Where bouts you from? We’re from Melbourne. We’re hopping to get there a few days earlier and spend Christmas over there.

• 5 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

Yeah, I’m from Melbourne too. Think I’ll be heading over on Boxing Day and doing some sightseeing before the tour itself.
    Are you guys heading anywhere else, or just NY?

• 5 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Yeah we’re planning on doing a fair bit of traveling over there just not sure where to yet definatly want to goto Vegas as well tho… You going anywhere else?

• 5 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

Nah, just New York this time. I have to be back at work in early Jan so I thought I’d be better off spending a week or so in New York and seeing it properly, instead of spending a day or so in a few different places.
    Where are you thinking of staying before the tour starts? A hostel or hotel?

• 6 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Not sure where were staying before hand yet propably a hotel, definatly a hotel for Christmas eve and Christmas day. Where you staying hotel or hostel…?

• 6 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

i’m not sure yet either. I’d prefer a hotel but hostels are so much cheaper haha. Have to have a look around and check out prices.

• 7 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Yeah hostels are cheap as! I have a mate who only stays at hostels when he travels he loves them. But what do you reckon they’ll be like in a new york winter tho? I’m guessing hostels would have to have some sort of heating?

• 8 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

that’s the only thing thats worrying me about them! at least in a hotel i can control the temperature of the room.
    surely hostels would have heating and extra blankets and stuff though?

• 14 Jan 2011 tracysyd said

tracysyd

hey guys im booked in too! im spending christmas with friends a bit outside ny then coming in for contiki and doing some sight seeing after that

• 15 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Awesome….. I can’t wait it’s going to be so much fun. Have you guys got facebook? If you do add me bencowie8@hotmail.com

• 16 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

it’s going to be awesome!

tracy, when do you get to NY?

how old are you guys? i’m 25.

i’ve got FB ben, i’m ash.0510@hotmail.com.

• 16 Jan 2011 Ben8 said

Default_avatar

Ok awesome ash I’ll add you on fb… I’m 26 but by the time we do our tour I’ll be 27….. And my girlfriend is 22 but when we do the tour she’ll be 23… You got facebook Tracy?

• 16 Jan 2011 Kaity34 said

Default_avatar

Hey guys! I’m Ben’s girlfriend. The name is kaity.
    I’m stoked for NYE in NY. Can’t wait. Yeah I’m 22 ATM.
    We’re thinking of staying at the trump soho for Xmas n
    Xmas eve- which will be awesome.
    Xx Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 20 Jan 2011 Explorer1225023 said

Default_avatar

Oh wow, the Trump Soho will be great! I’ve booked the Broadway Hostel and Hotel for the few days before the tour starts, but I’m staying in a private room. didn’t know if i could handle a dorm!
    i’m also thinking of either staying an extra night or two afterwards, or heading to LA for a few days on my way home.

• 23 Mar 2011 Heather said

Default_avatar

Hi guys! I’m Heather and I’m 24 from Melbourne as well!
    So I hadn’t book the tour yet, but it’s official that I have now! So excited about spending new years in NYC!
    I’m planning on spend a couple of extra days in NYC then heading to New Orleans to do the Southern Adventure tour.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.