Community_discussions_small  

Question

Grand Southern August 2014 :) :) :) LA - NY

7 Feb 2014 misslee2324 asked

misslee2324

Hey :)

Is anyone else doing the Grand Southern Tour Starting in LA on the 25th of August?

This is my first time travelling overseas alone so im a little nervous, super excited though.
Will be spending a few days in LA before the tour as i want to go to disney land and santa monica pier etc.

And also spending a few days in New york after the tour.

:)

• 11 Feb 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

:)

• 17 Feb 2014 Jason said

Jason

Hey, I’m doing the same tour but a month earlier, July 17.

Doing the same as you, couple days before LA then a few days in NY afterwards, pretty exciting stuff!

• 20 Feb 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

Awk nice :) Will have to let me know how it is.
    July 17 is my birthday lol i should have done that one.
    No one else has logged onto my meet ups yet :/

• 20 Feb 2014 Jason said

Jason

ohh really? You definately should have done the July 17 one haha, would have been in Vegas with us that night!! would be a rad birthday night to spend in Vegas!!! Change your booking =)
    We are doing the same as you, I’m travelling with a mate and we are spending 3 days in LA before the trip and 4 days in NY after it…
    We have about 12 in our meetups at the moment, i’ve spoken to a few others that did the trip and they said a tonne of people didn’t join there meet up but when they got to contiki there was 40 or so on the trip, so don’t worry too much about that!

• 20 Feb 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

awk wow, i cant change it, iv already booked and paid for flights & booked time off work.
    Maybe someone will pop up in the forums on the same tour, im so excited :) and iv booked hotels in LA and new york for before and after :)

So excited.

Will probs want to stay in america after the trip ha :)

• 11 Mar 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

grrrrr why cant i see comments :/

• 16 Mar 2014 Tash said

Tash

I’m doing the same tour but starting the 21st August, just before you! Also travelling solo for the first time! And also spending time before in Santa Monica and New York at the end :)

• 2 Apr 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

that sounds good hun :) How long are you in new york for after?

• 2 Apr 2014 Tash said

Tash

Most likely will be in New York for another week after Contiki. Then heading to San Fran and LA for a couple of weeks :)

• 2 Apr 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

oh ok lovelt, i will be in NY from the 19th of sept to the 22nd, im going to get a new york pass and do all the sites and hopefully see something on broadway. So if your still there and want to tag along and do some sight seeing, your welcome :)

• 26 May 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

I’m on the same tour! It will be my first time travelling too. Are you staying in the hotel where we finish the tour in New York?

• 27 May 2014 zoefyffe said

zoefyffe

Yeah where are you guys staying in NY? I’m solo as well so would love to book some NY accommodation with someone!

• 27 May 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

im stying in the double tre by hilton the first night and then i have 2 nights at the amsterdam court hotel, right in broadway :)

• 27 May 2014 misslee2324 said

misslee2324

tree*

• 27 May 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

I fly home the day after contiki but looking for accommodation for that night. I’ll look into the double tree by Hilton!

• 27 May 2014 zoefyffe said

zoefyffe

Omg double tree cheapest room for that night is $530…. Haha not happening

• 16 Jun 2014 Amy said

Amy

Just booked this trip….so excited!!! Going solo so can’t wait to meet heaps of people

• 20 Jun 2014 Sarah said

Sarah

I’m looking at booking Pod 51 or POD 39 in New York….. Shared bathrooms make it a bit cheaper!!!

• 27 Jun 2014 Gavinf said

Gavinf

Hi all, Gavin here. Will be travelling from New Orleans to New York on the second half of the Grand Southern which arrives in NY on the 19th Sept. Look forward to meeting you all on Sept 6th! I did the first half of the tour from LA to New Orleans a few years ago so if you have any questions on it let me know.

• 4 Jul 2014 Piers said

Piers

Hey folks- I’m on the trip and cant wait. In LA a day before and staying on in NY a couple of days after. Looking forward to meeting ya’ll!

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.