Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Big Apple Explorer- Statue of Liberty

10 May 2008 special_kas said

Default_avatar
Hey i was just wondering if can u still actually go up the statue of liberty i heard that was axed after sept 11. Also if you can go up is that included in the big apple explorer or do you have to pay extra, if its not included does anyone know how much it costs.
Thanks
  • 11 May 2008 PinaI said

PinaI

You can definitely still go up it, we were able to in 2005/6 so I presume it’s still the same now.

I don’t think the climb is included in your tour – it says that you “Visit Liberty Island with free time at the Statue of Liberty” – I would presume you use your free time to go up, if that’s what you want to do.

MattyV will know more about what’s what with this and he’ll be able to tell you about buying tickets too (if you need to) – perhaps PM him?

• 16 May 2008 schroedie said

schroedie

things have changed just a little bit. There is no access beyond the top of the statue’s pedestal. you used to be able to go all the way up to the crown, but not any more. check this site below for anything else about that you may want to know:

http://www.nps.gov/stli/

• 24 May 2008 LeighF said

Default_avatar

I went on the BAE in Sept 2006 and we weren’t able to go up to the very top.

Just seeing it was awesome!!!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.