Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia & Russia 5th July - 26th July 2014

14 Feb 2014 EuroExplorer2014 asked

EuroExplorer2014

Hey, I am just wondering if there is anyone out there who is going on the Scandinavia & Russia Plus tour 5th July 2014 - 26th July 2014?

• 3 Mar 2014 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Hi I am doing this tour but on a different date. Have you applied for your VISA yet? I had a look today it’s really confusing.

• 3 Mar 2014 EuroExplorer2014 said

EuroExplorer2014

Hey Jess, no I haven’t applied yet. I will be just after Easter as you need a photo that is to be taken in the last 3 months. Which date you are leaving?

• 3 Mar 2014 Jessica said

Default_avatar

Oh right, thanks.
    I’m going on May 25. Hoping it doesn’t get cancelled with everything going on in Russia!

• 4 Mar 2014 EuroExplorer2014 said

EuroExplorer2014

Yeh, Visa’s can take upto a month to return so I would give it 2 months beforehand say end of March for you. I’m doing one after Easter for mine but have to get it back and may have to apply for a UK working holiday Visa pending further decisions yet to be made. If it’s cancelled, as this stage is a multistage trip, the Scandinavia part will probably still go ahead. For me its a hassle as I have back to back contiki’s meaning I would have 11 days to play around with between tours. Could fill it easily.

• 5 May 2014 Alexander said

Default_avatar

Hey, Guys! Dont worry, Russia is friendly for tourists.
    I’m from Russia, Velikiy Novgorod. It’s located between S-Petersburg and Moscow and u will spend a night there. We always invite Contiki tourists to the bar nearby their hotel to speak English and spend time with interesting people from different countries. Looking forward to ur coming!
    U can ask me any questions about Russia via Facebook (facebook.com/evd0kim0v) or here

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion