Community_discussions_small  

Question

hows the great britain and ireland 16 day-er??

5 Jan 2010 AussieBeksta asked

Default_avatar
my partner and i are goin on this one on may 7th and i would like to know what anyone thought of it! im heaps excited but want to know from someone else what to expect...! let me know and dont be shy.
  • 10 Jan 2010 Cali Kay said

Default_avatar

I can let you know right before you leave as I’m going on the S Ireland trip right before you in April. I’m so very excited and have researched like crazy all the great places we are visiting!!

• 22 Jan 2010 Ashleigh said

Default_avatar

Hi there!

I was on this tour this past summer and it was a lot of fun!! England, Scotland and Ireland are very beautiful countries!! This Contiki tour shows you the best they have to offer!! I could go into a lot of detail about this tour. I will start off by saying if you are looking forward to seeing London, you should go a few days earlier to explore because this tour departs from London and shows you the sights from the bus.(They do not stop to get off) However, the Contiki basement has great deals for Contiki travelers to explore London before you depart!! My friend and I did the “Check Out London” before we departed and it was great!

When you do the tour, it is actually broken into 3 different tours. Some people only stay on for England and Scotland, some only tour in Scotland and some only tour in Ireland. So there will be a lot of different people coming on and off the tour in certain countries. I meet a lot of great people but I found that the group that was on the whole tour together was very tight knit!

If you would like to know about a certain part of the tour I can tell you what to expect and of you want go into detail. lol!! I will tell you what I thought were the highlights!!

England: We actually didn’t go to Stonehenge or Bath on the tour last year (which sucks!) haha! My favourite English town was York. It was so beautiful and it was also one of the best party nights!! I also really loved Liverpool!!

Scotland: I really loved Edinburgh! It is such a great city and full with such amazing history!! Gretna Green is also very cool!

Ireland: The Cliffs of Moher!!!!! They are so amazing!!! it was one of the highlights of the trip for me!! I also loved Blarney Castle!!

I just checked out this year’s tour schedule and you are going to see a few places we didn’t see last year. i really liked this tour! Contiki is gret for offering optional excursions which are great but they also give you the option to explore on your own. The show every major site in the UK and Ireland that you need to see!

I must admit there were times I wish we could of stayed longer in a certain city but because of the schedule we could only spend half a day in a certain place. This tour gives you a taste of what the UK and Ireland have to offer.

I hope this wasn’t too much info! lol! I am very happy to answer any questions you guys have!!

• 25 Jan 2010 Lisa said

Default_avatar

Hi

I’m going on the this in October.Great write up !!!

• 27 Jan 2010 Connor416 said

Default_avatar

Booked myself for this trip the other day. Can’t wait for May 5th!!!!
    Great Britain & Ireland here I come!!!!

• 13 Feb 2010 parker said

parker

I’m on this one too! So where is everybody coming from, I’m from Manitoba, Canada. really excited to go to the Lake District!

• 15 Feb 2010 Connor416 said

Default_avatar

Departing from Toronto, Canada on the 5th.

• 17 Feb 2010 Katie&Matt said

Katie&Matt

Great write up!

My husband & I will be going in June. I think we leave on the 25

Can not wait!!

Katie

• 2 Mar 2010 alyssa! said

alyssa!
    quote:
    Originally posted by parker:
    I’m on this one too! So where is everybody coming from, I’m from Manitoba, Canada. really excited to go to the Lake District!

I’m considering going on this tour in August. And also from Manitoba.

• 30 Mar 2010 HueChen said

HueChen

i’ll be on this tour in June! looking forward to hanging out in the scottish highlands and pretending i’[m william wallace

• 31 Mar 2010 colby88 said

colby88

I was thinking about going on the tour on june 2nd and was wondering if its worth going on a tour of the uk for 18 days to england and ireland… or is it better to do a shorter trip and then have time afterwords to go to all my favorite places… any one have any adice… its my first trip on my own too.

• 29 Apr 2010 Sara said

Default_avatar

Great and helpful write up Ashleigh!
    My boyfriend and I are going on the august 11 tour England/Scotland/Ireland and you have made me even more excited!!
    Thanks!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion