Community_discussions_small  

Question

Sleeping Bags

22 Feb 2014 KateG asked

KateG

hi
I am doing a concept tour through Europe and it says you need to pack a sleeping bag!!! does anyone have any advice on how to pack a sleeping bag in a suitcase or where I can buy a small compact travel one from?
Im searching all department stores and camping stores at the moment but I can only find the normal size ones.
Thank You

• 22 Feb 2014 Sonja P said

Sonja P

You can buy the sleeping bags cheap at the contiki basement, and it doesn’t count in your total luggage.

I wonder has anyone used a ‘sleeping sack’ or travel sheet? I’m backpacking long-term and wonder if it’s worth taking one with me for future hostel stays…

• 23 Feb 2014 Nici said

Nici

Hi Sonja you don’t know how much the sleeping bags cost at the basement?

• 23 Feb 2014 KateG said

KateG

Thanks Sonja :) it’ll probably be easier to buy one in London and then keep it on the bus instead of in my suitcase.

• 5 Mar 2014 remy1220 said

remy1220

im doing to european experience tour and our price includes a sleeping bag. I would check to see if it is included first

• 5 Mar 2014 KateG said

KateG

Oh ok that’s good yours is included. I’m doing a concept tour so I think it’s not included but I’ll double check thanks :)

• 28 Mar 2014 JRBergy said

JRBergy

I read somewhere that if you are from the United States or Canada on concept tours the sleeping bag is included in the price. The voucher is given to you with your travel documents and you use that to pick it up in the basement upon arrival. But I believe if you are from anywhere else it is not included.

• 17 Apr 2014 Leeno said

Leeno

Anaconda online store has sleeping bags starting at just over a kilogram. This fit easily into my suitcase. I had a sleeping bag liner too, as I was using it for two months, and it meat I could just throw the liner in the wash. Australians don’t get a sleeping bag included in the cost, but the price is not too bad from the basement. There are quiet large though, whilst it doesn’t count a your luggage allocation, most people tend to give it away at the end of the tour rather than bring it home with them.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion