Community_discussions_small  

Question

American in need of australian advice!

24 Feb 2014 Dan asked

Dan

I plan on visiting Australia soon, I have never been before an am excited to go. I have friends from Australia that I met on a prior Contiki trip, they live in the Brisbane and Melbourne areas mostly. So my question is should I do an Outback tour? or an east coast tour? I am trying to decide between these two, what do you think would be better for me to see and why? Thanks!

• 24 Feb 2014 ExplorerCaitlin said

Default_avatar

Do both! I’d do Outback and visit your mates Melbourne’s really nice and in Brisbane its easy to head north or south along the coast to where the Contiki tour goes.

• 24 Feb 2014 Michelle said

Michelle

Im doing the East Coast when I go in May, It has the most of what I want to see when traveling their, including Sydney, and the wildlife sanctuary

• 27 Mar 2014 Flavs said

Flavs

I live in Sydney and have personally never done the outback but would love to! I’ve done the east coast though which is a must do! Definitely go to Cairns and the Great Barrier reef you won’t regret it! There’s also the Whitsundays and the beaches are all amazing, it’s really tropical. And of course Sydney is awesome :)

• 7 Apr 2014 Krista said

Krista

Dan,

I’m from Brisbane and considering doing the outback with Contiki for my birthday in September (starting Darwin). To me, doing a tour in a place even in australia that i have never been is really exciting. Don’t think my friends have an interest in seeing the Outback so that i’ve decided Contiki :) When are you thinking of coming to Australia? Have you thought about doing the Big walkabout? does from Sydney to Darwin or Darwin to Sydney. I agree with Flavs, the GREAT BARRIER REEF is great! just make sure you put on a lot of sunscreen!

• 14 May 2014 TashaOwles said

TashaOwles

Have a look at the big walk about! ! Best of both worlds!

My trip starts on the 1st of October Darwin to Sydney!
    Then making my own way down to Melbourne :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion