Community_discussions_small  

Question

Fun Europe trip May/June 2014 - Suggestions?

24 Feb 2014 mroberts22 asked

mroberts22

Hey Guys,

First time solo traveller looking to head to Europe either in May or June 2014. Originally had a couple of friends set to join me but work has kept them in the Great North.

Looking for suggestions/any other solo friends out there that are headed around the same time. European Horizon sounded like a good time (and affordable!). I'm loving the idea of white water rafting in Austria...

Whether you've tried it, booked it, or are still looking for a trip like me I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers,

Michelle

• 25 Feb 2014 Just-in Time said

Just-in Time

Hi Michelle! I’m a First time solo traveler as well! I don’t really think you could go wrong with any of them as they all sound awesome! I’m booked for the Mediterranean Highlights (Starting Rome) on June 30th. it sounds awesome cuz you go through Italy, Monaco, and Spain for 13 days!

• 25 Feb 2014 mroberts22 said

mroberts22

That sounds amazing! You’re probably right haha – there’s so many choices I thought I’d start a discussion to get some suggestions :)

I have to be back at work by July but maybe there are earlier departure dates… Have fun!!!

• 25 Feb 2014 Just-in Time said

Just-in Time

Thanks! But yeah i know what you mean! I had a really hard time choosing because of all the awesome choices!

I wanted to do one of the European Discoveries/Impressions/Explorations etc. However part of the deciding factor in not going was because I’ve been to London and Paris before which most of those tours covered which I felt was a little redundant. (Otherwise those are awesome because you get to see so many different countries)

When I was down to my final 3, I was thinking between 14 days in Spain (Spanish Spree), 12 Days in Italy( Simply Italy), or 13 days with Italy, France/Monaco, and Spain(Mediterranean Highlights). I was torn because the agenda on each trip sounded amazing! I ultimately chose Mediterranean Highlights so I can see both Italy, Spain, and Monaco! I mean who knows when I’ll be able to take off work again? Gotta see as much as I can while I have the chance lol

Although my rant was lengthy, hope it helps you decide! Good luck and have fun! :)

• 26 Feb 2014 Emma B said

Emma B

it all depends on how long you can travel for… My first trip was London, Paris & Amsterdam or you have the option to do rome.. I love it!! it was an amazing time We had a lot of fun nights!!!

• 27 Feb 2014 pip_rxqueen said

pip_rxqueen

I’m going on my first solo trip, the 33 day european explorer plus mykonos 18 may – 19 june. I reckon if you’re going to do it solo for the first time why not do it big! :) I’m hoping it’ll be a blast! goodluck with whatever you choose! :)

• 7 Mar 2014 Nici said

Nici

Hi Michelle

I’m going on the European Highlights tour departing June 2nd it’s 14days and not that much more expensive than the Horizon tour.. I was looking at the Horizon one first but the Highlights looks amazing..
    I was also suppose to go with a friend weird thing her name is Michelle too haha anyway she couldn’t afford to go :( so now I’m going solo as well..

Check out the tour let me know what you think..

Nici

• 14 Mar 2014 travling party bus said

travling party bus

Hi Michelle,

I am heading on the European Horizon tour May 21,2014. Leaving out of Toronto May 19. I am also going solo. Just trying to find someone heading on the same tour
  • 14 Mar 2014 mroberts22 said

mroberts22

Hey! I actually think I’ve settled on the Western Rocker tour… It’s so tough to make a final decision because everything looks so great!

I would have loved to do the Highlights tour but I only have limited vacation days to take… One day though, one day…

• 17 Mar 2014 denise said

denise

Hi Michelle, what days did you book? I’m from Toronto and looking to leave in April 2014?

Denise

• 17 Mar 2014 BrookemarleySA said

BrookemarleySA

I am booked on the 32 day easy rider tour may13th till june 13th its a camping tour if that interests you, save so much money and goes to some cool places cant wait

• 17 Mar 2014 denise said

denise

32 days sounds like fun! I can not take that much time off but i will keep in mind for next time. i have never been to Europe so I thought of doing the most popular countries. i’m interested in either the Mediterranean Highlights (start madrid), European Impressions or London to Athens. Have you been on any of these trips? I’m looking into the end of April or mid July. Roughly 13-22days

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.