Community_discussions_small  

Question

packing help / advice!

25 Feb 2014 Lauren asked

Lauren

Hey! I'm going on a time out tour (European explorer) and have no idea what to bring.
How many tops / going out clothes etc?
Any help would be greeeat, I'm an overpacker!

• 25 Feb 2014 Just-in Time said

Just-in Time

Hi Lauren,

As a starter, I would recommend researching the typical weather for your trip period of the places you’re going to visit. That would be a good starting point of whether you’ll need a heavy jacket vs. light jacket, how many long sleeves vs. short sleeves, whether your itinerary has more formal or dress up evens, clubbing etc. Example if its hot and sunny, people tend to perspire/sweat more so bring more tops and shorts, etc.

Hope that helps.

• 26 Feb 2014 Emma B said

Emma B

I found that I wore the same things most days just switching different shirts etc. Jeans and tshirt/sweaters depending on the time of the year. For going out at night I brought a few nice tops that i could put with my jeans and I packed 1 formal dress…I would recommend 2 pairs of running shoes just in case you get blisters & a pair of nice shoes….

• 26 Feb 2014 Lauren said

Lauren

I’m going in July so it will be summer. Thanks for the help! Did you wear heels at all or is it too hard in the cobblestone streets? Good idea I might just bring a few pairs of shorts / skirts and one pair of jeans, and a bunch of singlets to mix and match :)

• 26 Feb 2014 Lisa said

Lisa

Hey Lauren, have you read through the things you wish you had known post yet (http://www.contiki.com/community/discussions/8411-what-do-you-wish-youd-known) I found it really helpful when I was attempting to pack. I haven’t done a Europe trip yet, but on my asian one I ended up wearing a lot of the same outfits and mixing and matching. Also no matter what shoes you bring make sure that they are broken in.

• 3 Mar 2014 Lauren said

Lauren

Thanks Lisa!

• 28 May 2014 Zoe said

Zoe

Thanks so much for linking to that discussion forum, Lisa, as a first time traveller it was super useful :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.