Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Highlights august 24th 2011

7 Nov 2010 sal said

sal
hi anyone doing the European Highlights tour 24th august 2011. ive booked to do the tour just wondering if anyone else is doing it.
  • 5 Jan 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

Do you mean Aug 22? from London?

• 6 Mar 2011 sal said

sal

the tour leaves london on the 24th august 2011 from london.

• 23 Mar 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

Hey! I’m doing that tour too!
    Im travelling alone and was hoping to meet a few people before the tour started :)

• 24 Mar 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

How much money are you guys planning on bringing? Where are you from?

• 25 Mar 2011 sal said

sal

hi im from Australia. Im taking around a 2000 euro not including optional extras. where are you guys from.

• 25 Mar 2011 sal said

sal

Im traveling alone as well im on the 5 day london explorer 1st.

• 25 Mar 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

Hey,
    There’s an article on contiki that says to budget around 75-100E per day, so I’m probably going to go with that, and then bring a credit card for anything extra.
    Im from Nova Scotia, Canada. Where are you from, SMD?

• 25 Mar 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

I’m 25 from Toronto, Canada. I am travelling with my husband Shawn. We are going to do the credit card thing too, plus some cash obviously. Apparently there are debit machines around, so that would work too.

What optionals are you planning on going to? I wasn’t sure about the Cabaret one in Paris (pricey) but I heard it was good.

• 25 Mar 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

I’m hoping to do all of them. i added up all the prices and its only about $400Can for all of them. I might skip the dinner/cabaret though, that one alone is around $140. I was considering taking a train to Bayeux and touring the beaches of normandy/doing a WW2 tour instead of the full day in paris, so Im not even sure if I’d be back in time for the dinner/show anyways. The train/tour would cost the same as the dinner but would be an all day thing, so thats what im leaning toward,

• 21 Apr 2011 sal said

sal

i was thinking of doing the dinner/cabaret in paris i am more then likley doing all the optionals except in amsterdam bike riding.

• 21 Apr 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

Ummmm WW2 stuff sounds amazing. We might be down for joining you!

• 21 Apr 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

Awsome, I’d love some company. The tour companies I’ve been looking at (and that seem to be the best) are: http://www.dday-tours.fr/d-day_tour_american_east_and_british_sector.html
    http://www.normandy-sightseeing-tours.com/en/d-day-tours.html
    I was hoping to be able to do a full day tour, but they all start at 830am, and its like a 2.5hour train just to get there, so I dont think I’ll be able to pull that off haha, so I’ll probably be doing an afternoon halfday tour

• 21 Apr 2011 SarahD222 said

Default_avatar

Very cool!

• 26 May 2011 Meagan94 said

Default_avatar

Calgary, Canada I mean!

• 26 May 2011 Meagan94 said

Default_avatar

Hi I’m from Calgary, I would love to do that half day to the Normandy battlefield if you want company!

• 27 May 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

hey meagan! yeah i’d love some company, i was a little nervous going it alone anyways hah. add me on facebook (Jenny Butler) and we can plan something out closer to the date if you want. Im not sure how far in advance to book these things..

• 30 May 2011 Meagan94 said

Default_avatar

Awesome! That sounds good we can definitely talk about it more… I am trying to add you on facebook but there are so many Jenny Butlers! Haha is there anything distinctive about your picture? Or your network?

• 30 May 2011 Jenn809 said

Jenn809

Um, I’m in the Halifax network and the saint marys university network. My picture is just me, it’s a webcam picture.. if you can’t find me give me your last name and i can try finding you

• 30 May 2011 Meagan94 said

Default_avatar

Okay, sorry I just can’t seem to find you! My full name is Meagan Bell so I hope you have better luck!

• 31 May 2011 sal said

sal

hi there are two groups at the moment for our tour they are
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_156641804388297&ref=ts

and

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_156641804388297&ref=ts#!/home.php?sk=group_196107973757737

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.