Community_discussions_small  

Question

Scandinavia, End in Stockholm tour

11 Mar 2014 Meli26 asked

Meli26

Hello everyone!

Has anyone done the Scandinavia end in Stockholm tour? I just booked this tour for May 17. I'm the only person in my meetup group. Hope there are others! If anyone has done this tour would loe to hear your advice and stories :)

• 15 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Hey there! I booked the Scandinavia and Russia Plus tour leaving May 16, so we may be on part of the tour together! I’m the only person in my meetup group as well, which is odd since the website says the tour is sold out for my departure date.

• 15 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

Hi Anna! I think you are right. We will probably be on the first half of the tour together. How exciting! Are you starting in Berlin? I was going to start in Berlin, but due to expensive flights I opted to started in Copenhagen instead. I will actually be staying an extra night in Stockholm and than flying to Berlin where I will be exploring on my own, before heading to Poland for a week to visit family. Are you traveling alone?

• 15 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Hi Melissa (I’m assuming). Yes I’m starting in Berlin but I will be flying into Paris on May 6 and making my way to Berlin for May 16. I will also be travelling all over for about a month after the tour ends but don’t have any specific plans; I have ideas of where I may go, but I’m just going to see how things go while I’m there. And yes I am travelling alone. Are you? This will be my first trip alone, but I’m excited to meet new people!

• 15 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

You guess right! My name is Melissa. Nice to meet you! Wow, that is really gutsy of you to be traveling alone! I will be going with my brother. This will be my second Contiki tour, but first budget tour. Have you traveled with Contiki before? If you need any ideas or suggestions on what to do after the tour, I can more than gladly give you some. I’ve been lucky to have seen a great chunk of Europe, but I have never been to the Scandinavian parts. I look forward to crossing those countries off my bucket list!

• 16 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Nice to meet you too! I went on European Highlights in 2009, so it has been awhile. Have you been on other Contiki tours before? And I’d love some suggestions. I’m thinking of going to Prague, Vienna, and Budapest after the tour. Have you been to any of those places?

• 16 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

The last time I went on a Contiki tour was in 2010 called the European Encounter. It was my first time doing a Contiki tour and I had a great time. I’ve actually been to all three of those places! Prague, Vienna and Budapest are all beautiful, but if I had to choose, Prague is my favourite. There is something about the architecture, cobblestone streets and its bridges that make it stand out for me.

• 16 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Awesome! Well can’t wait to meet you in person. The tour will be here before we know it!

• 17 Mar 2014 denise said

denise

Hi ladies, I have never been on a Contiki tour and have not booked my trip yet. I’m planning to travel a lone and wanted to check out the last minute packages, but there’s so many. Any recommendations?

• 17 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

Well it all depends on what your budget is, what countries you want to see and for how long… start from there.

2 months today will be on the tour!

• 17 Mar 2014 denise said

denise

Hi Melissa, i have never been to Europe so I thought of doing the most popular countries. i’m interested in either the Mediterranean Highlights (start madrid), European Impressions or London to Athens. Have you been on any of these trips? I’m looking into the end of April or mid July. Thanks Melissa.

• 17 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

I’ve only been on one other tour and it was European Encounter. It was an amazing trip. We did a huge loop of central Europe and saw all the important highlights. I would definitely recommend that trip if you want to see as much as you can of Europe. :)

• 19 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

Anna – I just asked a Contiki representative if we will be on the same part of the tour together and he said “yep, if they are on that trip then they will more than likely be on the same coach as you”

Looks like I Will be seeing you on this tour!

• 19 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Awesome! Now I wonder where everyone else from our tour is. Has anyone joined your meet up because no one has joined mine.

• 19 Mar 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

No one has joined my meet up either lol I just downloaded the Shout App which is pretty cool. But no one has logged on there either. You are the only person that I have come across so far!

• 19 Mar 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Haha well that’s strange but I guess we’ll just meet everyone when we actually start the tour!

• 13 Apr 2014 Luisa said

Luisa

Hi everyone! I’m also on the 17th May tour to Scandinavia ending in Helsinki :) this is my first Contiki experience so I’m a mix of excitement and apprehension!

• 13 Apr 2014 Meli26 said

Meli26

Welcome Luisa! I think will all be on the same tour :) I finish in Stockholm and Anna continues to do Russia Plus. Are you traveling alone? Will you be starting in Berlin or Denmark? I have traveled with Contiki once before and had an amazing experience. However, this will be my first budget tour with Contiki. My last one was superior. But I know Scandinavia is expensive, so I am willing to sacrifice the bed situation to see these expensive beautiful countries. About one month to go!

• 13 Apr 2014 Luisa said

Luisa

Thanks Melissa! It will be nice to meet familiar faces along the tour. :) I’m a solo traveler and will be joining from Berlin. I’m visiting a friend in Amsterdam before the tour starts so I think I will take the train from Amsterdam to Berlin. I’ve always wanted to visit Scandinavia so this seemed to be the perfect opportunity! I was also a bit hesitant towards the quad share situation but I guess our tour is not that full? In my meetup group I can only see 4 Australians. Anyway, it will be an adventure and yes on a budget so can’t complain much :) looking forward to meet you there!

• 13 Apr 2014 AnnaHui23 said

AnnaHui23

Hi Luisa! Glad to hear there are more people on this tour out there! Looking forward to meeting everyone and just over a month to go!

• 14 Apr 2014 Luisa said

Luisa

Hi Anna! Yes, counting the days and looking for hotels both in Berlin and Helsinki! Wish I’d know where we meet first so I could book something nearby…

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion