Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Croatian Island Cruising Review

21 Oct 2009 Explorer1153296 said

Default_avatar
Has anyone done the Croatian Island Cruising? I have heard nothing but good things about Croatia but cant find any reviews for this tour. I am tossing up between this tour and Greek Island Hopping!
  • 21 Jul 2011 Explorer1191957 said

Default_avatar

This cruise was AMAZING. I have also heard that the Greek island hopping tour is great too…
    For the croatian island cruising, we were a group of about 35 people on a small boat with us and 4 crew members plus our Contiki tour guy. I had traveled for a month and a half and did the Eastern Med cruise (which was VERY disappointing) so I came with very low expectations. We were a great group, mostly Aussies and a few kiwis… our tour guy Ben, was great. He brought us out to all the great restaurants, bars, and clubs and knew where sites were, internet cafes, laundry etc etc.

Basically you sail from 7 or 8am until the afternoon/early evening where you dock overnight at cities like Dubrovnick, Tristinek etc. You have breakfast and sometimes lunch on the boat and go out for supper most nights. The meals on the boat are really good, so much food. There’s also a bar where you have a tab for the week. Food isn’t too pricey in Croatia and the seafood is amazing. Have a whole fish, skin and everything while you’re there! At night you go out to the local clubs which are great, and head back before the boat leaves, often when the sun is coming up! You also have 1 or 2 swim stops during the day where the boat anchors near the coast and you jump off the boat and float around.

The rooms are basic, single beds for the most part with a shower/toilet/sink combo. Aka the shower head is on the wall and you close the toilet lid seat and you take a shower in the bathroom! Its loud at night cuz everyone’s up all hours of the night but kinda what you expect on a Contiki! Don’t expect to sleep much for the week!!

I do have to say…Mykonos and Santorini are REALLY beautiful, MYkonos more of party island, Santorini more of a relaxed island. We met some ppl that did the greek island hopping and you go out every night, and its alot of fun.

Id vote for Croatia because it’s so beautiful and I know the tour was awesome but really can’t make an informed decision without going on both and comparing! I don’t know if Ben does all of the croatia sailings every week but he was great! Definitely his goal that you had the time of your life.

• 21 Jul 2011 Rod Jones! said

Rod Jones!

Wow this sounds awesome i have booked 6th aug departure and this has got me so excited THANKS HEAPS. If any1 is on 6th aug 2011 croatia cruising let me know so we can chat before the tour

• 4 Sep 2011 CarlyMc said

CarlyMc

wondering if it would be worth bringing snorkle gear? is it provided? needed?

• 19 Oct 2012 Jazzwilson26 said

Jazzwilson26

i know this a stupid question but how do you get to croatia? because i really want to go on this tour but have no idea how to get there

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.