Community_discussions_small  

Question

Contiki Trips... free time

12 Mar 2014 lindsey asked

lindsey

I have been dreaming to try a contiki trip for about a year now and I think I am finally work up the courage to do it on my own. I am extremely nervous, but really want to explore the world and meet new people on the way. I just had a few questions... do you have to pay for your flight? How long do you have for the free time?

I am looking at the Island and Rainforest trip in australia. Has there been anyone who could tell me a little about this trip? for the free time would i have enough time to do more then one things on the my time list? there is so much I want to do and experience I dont want to miss out.

• 21 Mar 2014 CameronW said

CameronW

Hey there!,
    To answer your first question, yes you have to book and pay for your own flights. If you were booking a Contiki that had a flight in it (ex Cairns to Alice Springs) thats included in the cost of the trip. Same as pre-trip and post-trip accommodations you’ll have to pay for (unless you book the night prior and the night after the tour through Contiki, if they offer it).

As for the free time it’ll vary day to day. I did the Beaches and Reefs back in November and December from Sydney to Cairns. Most days we had the evenings to ourselves (excluding the nights were dinner was part of the itinerary but were free after that). We had some “bus days” where we were in the bust for most of the day (Sydney to Coffs Harbour then The Whitsundays to Cairns was like 14 hours) but as I said most evenings were free to do what you’d like.

We had 2 nights hand 2 days in Cairns. The first day we had the options (Whitewater rafting, AJ Hackett, Outer Barrier Reef (Id highly recommend that) and a few other options). If you don’t book any of those then the day is free to do anything. That night was a pub crawl (optional). The 2nd day was the same with a few other options and that was a free night (no dinner) so Cairns you’ll probably get the most free time.

• 24 Mar 2014 lindsey said

lindsey

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

There is a lot that this trip offers and seems like quite the adventure!!!
    so for the free day activities that are offered we have to sign up a head of time?
    May I ask how was the trip? Have you done more then one contiki?

• 16 May 2014 SinLab said

Default_avatar

Maybe we could all be doing things that could be in favor for something which we would gladly want to experience. – Mint Springs Farm

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion