Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Eiffel Tower - Royal National Hotel

9 Jul 2008 Explorer1106283 said

Default_avatar
Hi.. I'm new to the forums but have a few questions

I am doing the Europeon encounter tour leaving on the 8th of August

We definitely want to go up the Eiffel Tower while in Paris, I see on the itinerary that it says "visit" Eiffel tower and not anything about travelling up the tower. If we wish to do this on our day off does anyone have any advice? Obviously we want to avoid as much of the waiting as possible.

Also does the Royal National Hotel offer early check ins at all? or at least hold our luggage until check in?

Thanks! Smiler
  • 9 Jul 2008 StaceyB said

Default_avatar

Most tours from what I gather do the Night tour of Paris where you can get off the bus and “visit” the Eiffel but not go up at that time.
    On you free day in Paris contiki give you the choice of 3 or so drop off points.. incl the Eiffel which is where most people get off, generally its early morning and there is a queue regardless but if you pick the right 1 you can be in line for 30 mins or less and your tour manager will explain a bit about the queue etc it when your there.
    The Royal National will hold your luggage for you for free if you checking in and I think contiki basement may do aswell as they are not far away.
    Hope that helps

• 9 Jul 2008 lady_o said

lady_o

what about the Imperial? do they hold luggage as well?

• 10 Jul 2008 StaceyB said

Default_avatar

my group was fortunate to get in a good line but there were a few who didnt go in the same line and waited 1 1/2 hrs and it was when the rugby world cup was on but it just means you have to get your skates on when you leave to see the rest.. i guess if you want more time the other option is to meet your tour there like 2 of my m8s did..
    Also lady_o im not sure about the imperial but im guessing they would as its under the same chains as the royal national and most hotels do..

• 12 Jul 2008 Jade said

Default_avatar

We visited the Eiffel tower at night, and went up also. There was hardly a queue for the lifts, and it is so beautiful at night. It was great because there is so much to see in Paris, and we didn’t have to go back.

Contiki basement will hold bags for 1 euro, but be warned, it does fill up, so the earlier you get there, the better.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion