Community_discussions_small  

Comment

hair straighteners/curlers

15 Feb 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar
would anyone else take these?? im trying to decide if these would be good to take or just a nuisance, as do any of the hotels ever have a hair dryer? that way if didnt take my hair appliances there was at least a basic way to do my hair at least for nights/dinners out.
thanks
  • 15 Feb 2007 De'ann said

Default_avatar

take a travel iron- thats wat i use 2 straghten my hair!!! otherwise id say bring it!

• 15 Feb 2007 Vivz said

Default_avatar

I’m certainly bringin my hair straightener! If I can find a very small hair dryer, then I shall bring that one aswell! I dunno so much about a curler, I mean it’ll take ages to do up your hair in curls? If you have thick hair, like moi.

I say bring your hair tools Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 15 Feb 2007 laur-ah said

Default_avatar

am definately taking my straightener… and am doing the camping tour, so a little worried about how i’ll manage the whole straightening thing, but either way, it’s coming with me!!!!!!

• 15 Feb 2007 megsalex112 said

megsalex112

From what I understand you need to make sure that your straightener is a dual voltage one otherwise it might melt…
    I got a nice compact travel one at Trade Secrets for $120. It works really well and I use it for my everyday straightener, its heating blades actually retract into the handle so it takes up very little space, as well it came with a free TINY travel blowdryer (maybe 3 inches when folded).
    Hope this helps,
    Megs

• 15 Feb 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

lol.
    wow, its funny ive never straightened my hair in my life..
    guess im just lucky.

• 15 Feb 2007 Ang25 said

Default_avatar

thanks all for the good advice,
    i definatly wanted to take my hair tools but wanted to see what percentage of other chicks would, id struggle to live without some sort of styling tool so il definatly be taking then.

• 16 Feb 2007 megsalex112 said

megsalex112

Hey Erin77,
    I am from near Toronto and got it there. I checked their website for you…www.tradesecrets.ca and there are 2 in Ottawa (at the Barrhaven Marketplace & Bayshore Shopping Centre).
    The blowdryer was free with the straightener.
    This is not where I bought it but this is the straightener and picture of the blow dryer…http://www.folica.com/Metropolis_Tour_d2534.html?s_cid=biz_A8710
    Talk to you later Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->
    tata
    Megs

• 16 Feb 2007 megsalex112 said

megsalex112

Hey Erin,

It gets pretty hot. I had a Babyliss before this one and my new one works better and faster. I wait about 30 seconds…lol

Megs Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 19 Feb 2007 Pirate Tara said

Default_avatar

How do you know if your straightener is dual voltage?

I’ve had the same one for a long time, so I don’t have the packaging anymore and it doesn’t say anything on the actual straightener about it being dual voltage…

• 19 Feb 2007 Span83 said

Default_avatar

I am such a typical Girly girl so would die without my straitener. Its a pretty slimline one which warms up pretty darn quick. What happens if they don’t have the dual voltage??

• 19 Feb 2007 Shannon Emily said

Default_avatar

Hi gals

Just wondering…. Do your straightners def need to be dual volatge? What brands are dual voltage if you do def need them to be?
    I really want some of the GHD straightners. But they are over 300 dollars i think and im not spending that much money to blow them up if they are not dual voltage!

Thanks heaps
    Shan

Euro Highlights 2nd May 07

• 6 Mar 2007 Melbell said

Default_avatar

Well I’m prett lucky my friend & I have decided that one of us will take a dryer & one of us will take our GHD’s.. Best of both worlds!!

• 6 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

I’m definitley taking my straightener…unless i get my hair chemically straightened before i leave.

• 6 Mar 2007 ~*Alex*~ said

Default_avatar

How do you find out about the voltage? I have an old mustar and i don’t think it’s as strong as the GHD’s…what’s the max. voltage in europe?

• 6 Mar 2007 Stephy L said

Default_avatar

I heard that I need to make sure my straightner is dual voltage for it not to melt. Just a question is how do I know if my straightner is dual voltage?

• 6 Mar 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stephy L:
    I heard that I need to make sure my straightner is dual voltage for it not to melt. Just a question is how do I know if my straightner is dual voltage?

look at the bit that plugs into the wall. Its going to say somethine like 110 Volts, or in Aus 220 Volts. Ifs its dual volage its going to say 110-220.
    So i.e if you want your things to work in other courties it needs to be 110-220! in the Uk they use a diff voltage to other parts of Europe so you will def need Dual.

It wont melt. If you are from Aus, you wont have enough ummph to power you electronic. If you are from North America it wont melt, but could possibly blow up (like when theres a power surge suring severe storms and ypu dont unplug your electrics)!

If you are doing a camping tour, dont even worry aobut bringing you hair straigteners etc.. you wont be able to use them!!

• 6 Mar 2007 laur-ah said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Kylie85:
    If you are doing a camping tour, dont even worry aobut bringing you hair straigteners etc.. you wont be able to use them!!

why wouldn’t you be able to use them? There are obviously facilities to charge camera’s etc…

• 7 Mar 2007 Kylie85 said

Default_avatar

[/QUOTE]
    why wouldn’t you be able to use them? There are obviously facilities to charge camera’s etc…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they are in the dunnies, and there are only a couple.. and theres like 50 people.
    if someone wants to straighten their hair and somone else want to charge thier camera, then obviously a charged battery is a higher priority. you can ofcause take it, but probably everyone who has, hasnt had a chance to use it. just been dead weight.

• 9 Mar 2007 Gretz said

Default_avatar

I’m sooooo taking my straightner lol …. my hair on a good day looks like a raging bush during a tornado – so not pretty lol …. it was one of the first things I had on my list lol – already have the power adaptor so all set to go now Big Grin<!--graemlin::D-->

• 13 Mar 2007 pinkmocha said

Default_avatar

A friend of mine did a contiki tour in Europe and she said that her hair dryer tripped the power at some of the really old hotels. I think it has something to do with the number of watts.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion