Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Very Good Contiki Tour

1 Aug 2009 GatorBrett1 said

GatorBrett1
I just did the Bridge to Reef tour and had a great time. Salli and John were great tour managers. We always had tickets, buses were on time, meetings were organized, etc. None of the horror stories like I've read on this site.

Part 1 was Sydney. Most tours have only a night there, but we had 3 nights. Sydney was an absolute sight for me, and I loved it there. So much to do in so little time! Contiki should try to do more tours that include the city for a longer time.

Part 2 was Whitsundays. It was good but not great, probably because of overcast weather. At night you are stuck on the island, but there is a bar and/or party to enjoy. The water sports were fun during the day, but it wasn't my favorite place. Maybe I would have a different view if I did the sailing option?

Part 3 was Cairns. This is where everyone does optional day tours. I did the Great Barrier Reef with pretty much everyone else, and that awesome. I also did Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation with a couple others, and that was good. The city itself is decent, but there is more fun outside of it.

Part 4 is Alice Springs. I did this by myself, although it is part of Ocean to Outback tour. I don't think you can go to Australia without seeing the Outback, and I loved the hiking, scenery, etc. Spend the extra few bucks to have a couple days in the Outback.

Overall the Contiki tour was very good. I tried thinking of big obvious problems, but none appear. Be aware that the tour is split up into numerous parts, so you have people coming and going. I was by myself, and that wasn't a problem. If you can deal with over 10 hour flight from Europe or USA, I would definitely recommend seeing Australia with Contiki.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.