Community_discussions_small  

Comment

European Adventurer

8 Jan 2008 blonde_babe877 said

blonde_babe877
In May 2007, I left Toronto for a 39 day journey that I will never forget.

From England, to Spain, to Monaco to Greece, to Austria, The Netherlands (and everywhere in between), this 16-country trip was an absolute blast. I will never forget climbing up the stairs of the Eifel Tower at sunset, or going bar-hopping on the Mediterranean coast; cruising the Aegean Sea and walking atop the Swiss Alps were some of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen; the feeling of paragliding and white water rafting in Austria I don't think I'll ever forget. More than anything, though, the people I met on my tour really made it the experience of a lifetime. Although I booked this tour by myself, I ended up meeting 38 of some of the most amazing people from around the world. And in six weeks, I made friendships that will last a lifetime. The Adventurer was beyond every possible expectation and then some. From crazy bar nights to quite sunsets on the beach, from quant towns to big city sights, I can’t believe how much we packed into six short weeks. Incredible.

I really don't think anything anyone said to me before this trip could have prepared me for this amazing experience. Words really can't even begin to express how it feels to gaze at Michelangelo’s David, take a gondola ride in Venice, or eat in a Parisian cafe. We had so much free time to explore without having to worry about how we were getting from place to place. Not only that, but we were told about so many hot spots and hidden gems that people travelling on their own would have probably never discovered. We also got to stay at some amazing stopovers, including a few nights at an amazing French Chateau and Austrian Chalet. My tour manager (Suzie) and driver (Mark) were amazing. They were so much fun and knew so much about all of our destinations. I don’t know what I would have done without them! There is really nothing like doing a Contiki.

Now, after it all, I am left feeling even more of the travel bug. In my last year of Uni, the only thing I can think of is where I want to do me next Contiki. Maybe Greek Island Hopping? or NZ's Grand Explorer and the Aussie Explorer? In six weeks with Contiki I saw so much of Europe. I can't wait to do and see more!!
  • 5 Dec 2011 Explorer1329361 said

Default_avatar

I found this blog that reviewed Contiki Europe tour – but just the food/restaurants …some good advice !
    It looks like this guy/girl is not finished yet though….

http://eatfamilylove.com/index.php/middle-childs-culinary-compass/

• 7 Dec 2011 kasa said

Default_avatar

Cool! I just booked the european adventurer for June 2012. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed yourself! Looks like it’s a little shorter now (37days instead of 39). Can’t wait!I don’t think that you will ever lose the travel bug!

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion