Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Accommodation the night before tour starts

17 Mar 2008 Explorer1093397 said

Default_avatar
Hey guys I've been told to stay at the Royal National Hotel the night before my tour starts. I'm travelling alone but wouldn't mind sharing a room with other Contiki people so just wondering did you guys book via your travel agent through Contiki or did you just go online and get a single room? Thanks
  • 17 Mar 2008 EmJay87 said

Default_avatar

if u book it through ur travel agent you can chose to share with 1 or 2 other ppl and im pretty sure they are other contiki ppl… definately worth staying there the night b4

• 17 Mar 2008 Carli said

Default_avatar

i booked nights before and after through contiki while i was booking my tour with them.

i booked to share -cheaper ! so you dont know who your room mate is going to be but hell i dont know who my tour mates are going to be either and i’m spending 45 days with them not one night!!!

• 17 Mar 2008 lindenfan1 said

Default_avatar

I think the night before is only covered if you are travelling from Canada and the US – apparently from what I have read the Aussies have to book the night on their own…

• 18 Mar 2008 Explorer1093397 said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys. Yeah I’m an aussie & it isn’t included for us unfortunately so I guess I’ll be making a trip down to my travel agent

• 23 Mar 2008 ptooma said

Default_avatar

In summary, if you booked your tour from North America, accomodation the night before the tour departs is included.

If you did not book thru North America, accomodation the night before your tour departs is not included.
    You can request for this pretour accomodation while booking your tour. Twin and Triple share are
    available at the Royal National (where all the tours depart). Single and Twin shares are slightly more
    costly at the Imperial. If booking solo, you are paired with other same gender Contiki clients
    (not necessarily from your tour).

- Vic

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion