Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Wild Western 31st August 2008

7 Apr 2008 MarkV said

Default_avatar
Anyone booked in for the tour departing the 31st August?

Im 25 from Brisbane, Australia and will be travelling solo.

I will be in LA (contiki hotel) from the 27th August if anyone would also like to catch up before the tour. Im also booked in the NBNE tour beforehand departing 15th August (get to NY 10th August).

Mark
  • 18 Apr 2008 Explorer1097131 said

Default_avatar

Hi Mark

My names Sabrina im goin on this tour on the 31st August as well, glad to know it wont just be me.

I’m 24, from London and will also be travelling solo.

I’m gon be in LA from the 29th.

• 18 Apr 2008 MarkV said

Default_avatar

Hi Sabrina,

Yay, I have finally found someone else going, lol.

Would be good to get in touch with a bunch of people before the trip. You can email me at: m_viney@hotmail.com and im on Facebook as well.

Any plans pre trip?

Cheers,
    Mark

• 22 Apr 2008 Explorer1097131 said

Default_avatar

Hey Mark

Sorry haven’t been on in a while.
    It would be great to get in touch with people before the trip.

Well im going to be in new york for a week, then getting the Amtrak from there to LA, it takes 3 days but I love trains so it should be cool. Hopefully, if the train gets there in good time, I’ll be in LA from the 29th. I’ll be staying at the hotel as well. We should meet up and hopefully by that time some of the other people going would want to.

What you planning to do in LA pre trip?

I’ll send you an email. I’m also on face book

• 18 May 2008 Explorer1100351 said

Default_avatar

Hey Mark and Sabrina!

Yay! Glad to know I’m not the only one who has booked this trip. My name is Sandra, 22 from Melbourne and also travelling solo. I will be in LA 28th also staying in the hotel. Do you guys have any plans after the tour? Would love to meet up before the tour. My email is sandra_lih@hotmail.com (also on facebook). Hope to hear from you.

Cheers,
    Sandra

• 22 Jun 2008 Bjoern said

Bjoern

hey guys!

my name is bjoern, i am 23 and from germany! I’m also doing the tour solo travelling. i was concerned if others also go and travel solo- so it’s good to read this.
    Its a pitty..i booked my flights last friday so i can’t chance it anymore. i arrive 30th august at 8 PM in anaheim- hope that somebody of you would like to hang out in LA this evening..the viper room, whiskey a gogo, or something like that…

• 15 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

Hi everyone!

I’ve just booked this trip and can’t wait to go. Good to know that others here are going too. I’m Steve, 34 from Glasgow, Scotland. I’m going to be travelling solo and I’ll be staying at the hotel the night before the trip. I’ll be up for meeting up and doing something the evening of the 30th

cheers guys,
    steve

• 15 Jul 2008 Bjoern said

Bjoern

Hi Steve, i think the sunset strip is a very good location to go out on this evening. the problem is the distance to anaheim. when do you arrive in LA on 30th? I’m arriving at 6pm at LAX.
    I’m really looking forward to the trip, especially LA and Vegas (we can’t stop here, this is bat country Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

cheers

• 16 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

My flight gets into LAX at 7pm from Heathrow, so not sure what time I’ll get to the hotel after going thru immigration at the airport and then travelling out to the hotel. Anyone know how far away the hotel is from LAX?

Where about in Germany are you from Bjoern?

• 16 Jul 2008 Manu said

Default_avatar

Hey guys!

I’m Manuel (22) from Germany and I’m looking forward to our trip to the States.
    I will arrive at LAX on August 29th at about 11pm and spend the first days at Best Western.

It would be great to get into contact with you before the trip starts!

My mail is: manuel-ruess@web.de! I’m on facebook, too.

Greets,
    Manu

• 16 Jul 2008 Bjoern said

Bjoern

I’m from a town near Stuttgart in southern germany. The hotel in Anaheim is about 60km away from lax. so i think it’s nearly impossible to enjoy the sunset strip on the day before our trip starts, because there are no busses from anaheim to hollywood..

• 17 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

Hi Manuel!

Yeah, Bjoern I think your right about the night before, but no worries, I’m sure there are decent bars close to the hotel.

The others here are arriving earlier so will have a better idea of a good place to go out to.

• 21 Jul 2008 Manu said

Default_avatar

Hey,
    I’ve just founded a group on facebook.
    Contiki Wild Western – August 31, 2008

I haven’t found anyone of you guys there… Let’s try it this way :-)

• 22 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

I’m not on facebook at the moment, but I’ll look at it tonight and join up.

Any of you guys thinking about going to Alcatraz? Heard you are best getting tickets in advance for that.

• 25 Jul 2008 Bjoern said

Bjoern

I bought my ticket for alcatraz already. think it will be worth it. i’ll take the 9.30 am tour.

• 25 Jul 2008 Manu said

Default_avatar

which date did you pick? sept 10 or 11?
    i think i’ll buy one ticket, too.
    25 bucks will be worth it :-)

• 26 Jul 2008 Bjoern said

Bjoern

September 10th Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> …i bought it online on alcatratzcruises.com via credit card .. it worked very well.

• 26 Jul 2008 Manu said

Default_avatar

have mine,too :-) same date, same time
    anyone else?

• 26 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

excellent, just bought mine too..

10th Sept, 9.30am

Alcatraz here we come!

Also changed my flight over to LA, now getting there on the Friday 29th Aug at 1pm. So I have Friday evening and all of Saturday to go explore.

• 29 Jul 2008 Rachelle0217 said

Default_avatar

Hello all,

I am not doing the complete Wild Western Tour, just the Western Highlights so my trip ends in Vegas while you all continue on but at least I know I won’t be alone!! I am arriving in Anaheim and staying at the Best Western there on Saturday August 30 around 2:00 in the afternoon. I am 29 from Massachusetts/New Hampshire. It appears that I may be the only one from the states at least of those of us on this forum! I am super excited.

Rachelle

• 29 Jul 2008 stevoooo said

Default_avatar

hi Rachelle! I’m sure the group will be a good mix of all nationalities.
    Have you been to LA and Vegas before? If so, you can point us in the right direction and keep us from getting too lost.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.