Community_discussions_small  

Question

Disneyland Optional?

15 Mar 2014 Jess asked

Jess

For the tours that spend time in LA, I have a question about the Disneyland optional... what time do they drop you off and pick you up? I'm wondering if you have literally the whole day, park open to park close there?
I'm doing Best of USA and just trying to do some planning lol..

• 16 Mar 2014 belindalee1991 said

belindalee1991

Last time i did it, we were dropped off at like 7:30am, and then there is a bus that can pick you up at like 8pm. But the fireworks and all of that happen later sometimes. So me and 3 others ended up getting a taxi back to the hotel… ended up costing like $60 from Anaheim to Downtown LA. :)

• 16 Mar 2014 Jess said

Jess

Oh yeah, I’d wanna be there until closing time probably.. definitely gotta see World of Color again! Guess taxi would be the best option then :)

belindalee1991

Exactly. Can’t go to Disneyland and not see the fireworks and World of Color. When there are 2 or more people getting a taxi it works out cheap anyway. :)

• 16 Mar 2014 Jess said

Jess

Yeah definitely, can’t wait! Is Disneyland the second or third day in LA?

belindalee1991

ummmm last time we did it on the third and final day in LA… but it was decided by the group, so it will either be the second or third based on what everyone decides :)
    iv posted a link in our contiki meet up, to a group on facebook so we can all chat easily :)

• 16 Mar 2014 Jess said

Jess

Ohh okay cool. I wanna go to a Dodgers game on the night we don’t go to Disneyland :)

• 17 Mar 2014 Courtney said

Courtney

Disneyland will be amazing! I think it’s everyone’s dream to go there at least once haha I know it’s mine. Such a kid at heart :) a dodgers game would be awesome to see. Actually, any sport would be an awesome experience :) I’m so excited for this trip!!

• 19 Mar 2014 Dom said

Dom

I haven’t done a Contiki in LA, but I’ve been 5 times in the last 4 yrs (I’m an Aussie) and I am a HUGE baseball fan! Check the games on for your LA dates, but also look at the Anaheim Angels as their stadium is less than 10 mins from Disneyland. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Disneyland (less than 1 block walk, so it’s convenient for the 9am – 1am summer time park hours) when in Anaheim, and at the Ramada West Hollywood (Santa Monica Blvd) when we’re in LA.

Disneyland fireworks during summer are usually at 9pm and midnight, so be sure to get a good spot about half an hour before or you’ll miss out on seeing them. Staff are strict on people being in the thoroughfares during the shows, so they move you along and the standing spots fill up quickly!

Other things to do…
    Get a burger at IN N OUT BURGER (all over California); Dine at Baby Blues BBQ on Santa Monica Blvd for good southern food in Cali; get tickets to a Jimmy Kimmel show; visit Universal City Walk (next to Universal Studios) for shopping, fun times & Jon Lovitz Comedy Club; Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co at Santa Monica Pier; IHOP for a pancake breakfast; shoppping at Ross and also at Marshalls; hire a car & drive down to Orange County for the day. There’s plenty more – it just depends on what you’re into. Cars are much easier to deal with than buses if you want to get around. I could go on forever :) Enjoy your trip!!

• 21 Mar 2014 MrRiceGuyRJ said

MrRiceGuyRJ

Wow, as a local to the area, I think Dom is dead on and is full of great advice. P.S. Definitely check out In-n-Out Burger if you like burgers. :-)

• 21 Mar 2014 Dom said

Dom

Thanks MrRiceGuyRJ :)

Definitely! Protein style double double, with animal style fries is DELISH!! In N Out is the chain I’d bring over to Australia if I could only choose one :)

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.