Community_discussions_small  

Question

Southern Ireland?

28 Jan 2008 trashywilma asked

Default_avatar
has anybody done this? i'm leaning more toward this tour than anything else.
  • 31 Jan 2008 JJ1978 said

Default_avatar

Yes! I went last September and I was surprised at how much fun I had — this in spite of a so-so tour manager who seemed totally bored out of his mind.

I think it was just the right mix of time to explore on your own as well as inclusive stuff. My only recommendation is that, when you’re in Galway, don’t have dinner there on the full day that you spend there — you would have had time to explore the place the night before as well as the next day and there’s just no point in having the bus take you back there again for dinner. Explore the little town where the hotel is situated in, instead.

Also, make sure you bring a variety of clothes to accomodate the weather…maybe it was just when I went, but I found it really cold there. (Then again, there was a friggin’ heat wave happening in Toronto at the time, so I underestimated how cold it would be.)

Expect it to rain briefly each day, but plan on having loads of fun and getting to see A LOT.

When do you plan on going?

• 1 Feb 2008 trashywilma said

Default_avatar

thank you, JJ! most likely this july. i had been going to eastern europe with a friend, but she bailed, so i figure doing a more focused tour will be easier to do alone. plus, i figure it’s the only place in europe that won’t be boiling HOT.

• 3 Feb 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

I’ll be going in September…I was supposed to be going with my friend as well but she had the audacity to get engaged so now she’s planning a wedding…lol. I’ll be on my own as well. I’m nervous but I’m praying for the best!!

• 21 Feb 2008 Explorer1088738 said

Default_avatar

Hey day dreamer which date in September are you going? I’m doing the Great Britain and S. Ireland tour which starts in London on the 13th of September….its possible our S. Ireland tour may join with you guys?? Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 27 Feb 2008 daydreamer72381 said

Default_avatar

I believe my tour starts on the first of September. I’m not even sure…guess I should call my travel agent. There were two tours to So. Ireland and I don’t even know which one I got!! Eeker<!--graemlin::eek:-->

• 27 Mar 2008 Explorer1094588 said

Default_avatar

Wow!

I’ve been tring to go for the last three years, but my best friend has bailed on me each time. year one she had lasic
    year two she got engaged and married
    this year she got pregnant and had a little girl.

You let me know that it is ok to travel alone, and is a common occurance!! Thanks so much. I best start saving for Ireland now!

• 29 Mar 2008 Rob said

Default_avatar

I did this tour a few years ago and had a blast. I highly recommend it. I would also suggest that you stay a couple of extra days in Dublin. There is so much to see in the city.

• 2 May 2008 Staceym9481 said

Default_avatar

Hey trashywilma! Did you book yet? I’m going July 25-Aug 2. I can’t wait!! I hear its awesome!!!

• 19 May 2008 Rob S. said

Default_avatar

I did this tour last September along with Great Britian. You will have a blast. I agree with an earlier post, Galway is so much fun.
    Enjoy
    Rob

• 22 Jun 2008 France said

France

Make sure to do the jaunting cars in Killarney! You will be able to visit the Ross Castle and its just amazingly beautiful, definitely a nice surprise!

• 27 Jun 2008 Rhian2425 said

Rhian2425

Hey – anyone going on the 8/8-8/16 of this? Smiler<!--graemlin::)--> I just signed up, so excited Cool<!--graemlin::cool:-->!

• 16 Jul 2008 Mare said

Mare

I scheduled to go to Ireland Aug 1-9th, is there a chance anyone else is going? I’m doing this by myself and its the first time I’m travelling outside of Canada. I’m really excited, so I’d love some advice or to get in touch w. anyone else thats going! =) Cheers!

• 19 Jul 2008 nicole_groombridge said

nicole_groombridge

Firstly it’s great to hear people have had good experiences on this trip helps to calm a few of the nerves. I am heading off on the GB & SI tour on the 26th and am very anxious, but equally as

Mare – It’s my understanding that the GB & SI tour meets up with people on the Irland only leg and my dates match yours so it’s likely that we’ll be traveliing together through Ireland.

Nicole

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.