Community_discussions_small  

Comment

Concerns regarding Dubrovnik

15 Feb 2009 adventurer81 said

Default_avatar
Hi guys - I'm doing the 46 day camping trip through Europe in August and was wondering if anyone else has concerns about going to Dubrovnik now with all the issues that are happening over there.
  • 16 Feb 2009 Cherie said

Default_avatar

hey there,

i’m going on the 46 day camping tour departing August 15, I was a bit scared and apprehensive too but I figure if we stay in groups we will be fine Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 16 Feb 2009 adventurer81 said

Default_avatar

Thanks guys

I realise the liklihood of anything happening is remote but still its a little scary when your travelling somewhere foreign to you as well as travelling alone.

• 17 Feb 2009 Cherie said

Default_avatar

yeah i understand totally, i find it scary too hun Smiler<!--graemlin::)-->

• 22 Feb 2009 EmJay87 said

Default_avatar

my contiki tour was in croatia when Brit went missing… we actually left dubvronik the morning of the day she went missing, but in saying this, Dubrvonik was probably the place i felt most safe with my tour… its a gorgeous place… you must walk the walls, the views are amazing!

and btw quite a few of us on tour thought the ice cream in Dubrovnik was MUCH better than Italy… you must try the place inside the walls on the right hand side as u walk up the main street…. yummmmm

• 25 Feb 2009 The Chenz said

The Chenz

dubrovnik is one of the safest places i’ve ever been to. out of all the murders that take place in the world, this one was made big because of it was a tourist. not once did i see a fight or violence when i was there. if you are worried stay within the city walls. it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. people are lovely. the food is better than ITALY.

• 24 Mar 2012 ExplorerJeff said

ExplorerJeff

did the big chill tour last summer and as long as you stay in groups you’ll be fine as the old town of Dubrovnik is quiet safe even at night as there are lots of people around, but do be wary of other people your don’t know or not travelling in your group buying you drinks at nightclubs etc.

• 9 Apr 2012 l.hauri said

Default_avatar

yacht charter in dubrovnik will be an amazing experience in my opinion. You should try it.

More Discussions

Follow this Discussion

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.