Community_discussions_small  

Question

Can it really be done? (re: packing)

13 Sep 2008 Corrinna asked

Default_avatar
Well I leave in 4 days, and I am trying so hard to pack light. I dont think its possible. My suitcase is FULL. Really can you go one month, and not fill your suitcase. Going in Sept/Oct, I have packed 2 sweaters, 1 jogging pants, 2 jeans, 3 3/4 pants, 20 underwear, 3 socks, 3 bras, 2 dress tops, 1 skirt, 1 dress pants,several shirts, 1 pair runners, 1 flip flop, 1 dress shoe. Plus all my toiletries, my cameras. Can anyone please help me??? PLEASE!!!
  • 13 Sep 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar

Don’t put any cameras in your luggage, it is very easy for luggage handlers to get it and steal them.

When putting clothes into a suitcase, don’t fold them normally like you would when you store them at home. Roll them up really tightly into rolls so they are very compressed. This saves lots of space.

• 13 Sep 2008 Explorer1088020 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Curtis71:
    Don’t put any cameras in your luggage, it is very easy for luggage handlers to get it and steal them.

When putting clothes into a suitcase, don’t fold them normally like you would when you store them at home. Roll them up really tightly into rolls so they are very compressed. This saves lots of space.

Do you find that shirts got wrinkled when you did this? It makes sense but I don’t want wrinkles on all of my shirts. thx

• 14 Sep 2008 MJ said

Default_avatar

It sounds good for the most part. I take only one small carry on and hand bag. You want to keep all electronics with you (NOT IN CHECKED IN LUGGAGE) and the same with medications and contacts/glasses. Do a trial run if possible see what will travel well and what doesn’t. As mentioned only take enough for 10 days then wash.

Packing tips for Women is a great tool just modify it for your needs.

• 14 Sep 2008 Nyclizzo said

Nyclizzo

my suitcase is 62×18×24 and I’ve managed to fit:
    4 pairs casual jeans, 2 pairs velour pants, one pair black slacks, 8 long sleeve t shirts, 6 short sleeve t shirts, 5 dressy shirts, one sweater, black ankle boots, two pairs flats, 12 underwear, one bra, 12 socks, hairdryer, plus toiletries…and its under 30 pounds…don’t know how I did it, but I got it done!!! One my carry on I’m bringing my pillow, extra sweater, camera, ipod, nintendo ds, and some snacks…

• 20 Sep 2008 Ang said

Default_avatar

Nyclizzo – holy cow!!! i can’t believe you fit all that in. i took less than half of what you took, and my bag was at 20kg. how are you going to fit stuff you buy along the way? or will you throw stuff out as you go?
    i am in shock

• 20 Sep 2008 Curtis71 said

Default_avatar
    quote:
    Originally posted by Explorer1088020:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Curtis71:

Do you find that shirts got wrinkled when you did this? It makes sense but I don’t want wrinkles on all of my shirts. thx

Not really, most of my shirts are microfiber so that’s not an issue for me.

Questions?

x

Visas? Money? Where to go? Chat to us about travel.